𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓. Will Byers, Lucas Sinclair, Mike Wheeler, and Dustin Henderson sit around a small table playing DnD while Laurie Henderson sits on the couch doing her homework.

Usually, when Laurie is over at the Wheelers for DnD night, she's upstairs chatting with Nancy, but the eldest Wheeler is catching up with Barabra on the phone tonight. So here she is, hanging out with the kids before she and Dustin bike home for the night.

The sent of Spearmint wafts to her nose as she watches the four boys play their game. DnD isn't something she's ever been interested in but is something she likes seeing the boys play as it gives them so much joy.

"Do you hear that? Listen...... Something is coming...something hungry for blood...... A shadow grows on the wall behind you... swallowing you in darkness... it is almost here..." The other boys lean forward. Riveted. Laurie looks at each of the boys with a small smile, her little brothers.

Lucas plays as a knight. He is petite, but his loud mouth more than makes up for it. Lucas and Laurie but heads, but you can't break up the L&L team.

Dustin always plays as a dwarf. He is the most fearful -- and least confident – of the boys, but that's why he has Laurie, his protector, even if he doesn't want her to be most of the time.

Mike is the "Dungeon Master" and de facto leader of the small group of boys. Unfortunately, the boy has more confidence than weight, making her a little concerned about how he will grow up. Luckily he has Nancy, who will knock him back to earth when Laurie can't.

Finally, Will plays as a wizard. He is soft-spoken, gentle, and delicate. But, the one she feels most protective over, Will, has such a big heart and so much loyalty that it scares Laurie about what could happen if the wrong people get into the close circle he keeps.

"... What is it?" Will's sweet voice asks as the anticipation grows. "What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon –" Lucas scoffs at Dustin, "It's not the Demogorgon –" Laurie sits up as Mike waits for them to settle down.

He slams six-winged miniatures onto the map. "An army of Troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Laurie holds back a small laugh as her entertainment continues. "Troglodytes?" Dustin smiles confidently as Lucas leans back cockily, "Toldja." The boys chuckle then a snort comes from Dustin. Finally, she relaxes into her seat as she goes back to focusing on her homework.

Mike looks over his shoulder. His eyes grow wide. "Wait a minute." Mike's voice says softly while looking over at Laurie, who is focused on her homework. "Do you hear that? That...that sound? Boom!Boom! BOOM! That sound... it didn't come from the Troglodytes. No. It came from something else..." This makes Laurie look up as Mike slams down a large two-headed monster miniature on the map. "THE DEMOGORGON!" He yells, making the groan.