𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Jonathan sped the whole drive to his house

Jonathan sped the whole drive to his house. A held breath escapes Laurie that she didn't even know about, "God, Byers. Drive fast enough?" She asks, getting out of the backseat. "We had to get here fast." He argues, "Yeah, fast but not dead. There is a difference." He opens the trunk, and they grab the stuff they took from the station. Then, walking into the house and setting everything down, they know it's go time.

They put the lights back up, Jonathan hammers the bear trap to the hallway floor, Nancy loads up her revolver, and Laurie sharpens her daggers, then ensures she still has good aim. She aims for one of the letters and hits it dead on. A confident smirk forms as she walks over to grab the dagger.

Jonathan hammers some long nails into the wooden bat as Nancy pours gasoline on the carpeted floor of the hallway into Will's room. The three teens then carefully set up the bear trap before slowly returning to the living room.

Nancy hands each of them a knife as they stand in a circle, "Remember," Jonathan starts. "Straight into Will's room. And–" Nancy says, then looks to Laurie, "Don't step on the trap. Wait for the yo-yo to move." She has a nervous smile on her face as they recount the plan. "Then..."Jonathan holds up the lighter, and the girls nod.

"You ready?" He asks, looking at them to ensure neither of them wants to back out. "Ready." They say in sync. They count to three, then cut open their hands to draw in the monster. They all wince in pain then Laurie goes to find a first aid kit. Once she does, she pulls out the medical wrap and antiseptic. She wraps Nancy's hand first and then starts on Jonathan's when they hear something outside. "Did you hear that?" Nancy questions looking around, "It's just the wind." Jonathan says to try and calm her. "Don't worry. My mom said the lights speak when it comes." Nancy and Laurie look at him, confused, "Speak?" He nods, "Blink. Think of them as alarms." Nancy nods, and Laurie returns, wrapping up his hand, "Is it too tight?" She asks, looking at him for an answer, "No, it's fine." he says with a small encouraging smile. She nods and finishes up his hand.

"Here, let me help." Jonathan's voice is soft, and his hands are rough as he holds her hand in his. He cleans the cut like she did theirs and starts to wrap it when someone bangs on the door, making everyone jump. "Jonathan!" Steve's voice calls out from behind the door, "Steve?" She whispers, confused. He continues to knock, "Are you there, man? It's...it's Steve. Listen, I just wanna talk!" He shouts through the door as he continues to bang on it.

"Finish wrapping up her hand. I'll take care of him." Nancy says, getting off the couch and then heading for the door. Jonathan doesn't say a word as he returns to wrapping Laurie's hand. "Steve, listen to me–" Nancy starts but gets spoken over by the boy at the door, "Hey, Nancy, what–" He sounds breathless like he ran here or something.

"You need to leave." She says, not trying to sound too pushy. "I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" She tries to close the door a little more, "I don't care about that. You need to leave." He starts stammering, "No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay? I messed...I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I just want to make things right, even if you don't want me. Okay? Please, please..." Laurie tries to look, but Nancy's body is blocking her view.