𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃. That morning she woke up early because she would have to help Dustin get ready.

When the boy got up, she had her makeup on, hair done, and dress on. She had already picked out his clothes and was waiting for him to come to her room so she could do his hair. Then, a light knock sounded on her door, and Dustin walked in with his tie in a complete mess and wild hair. "Oh, Dusty. Come sit." She waves him over, then sets him on the chair at her vanity.

"Do you seriously not know how to tie a tie?" He scoffs, making her laugh, "No dad to teach me, remember?" A small laugh comes from him, but she starts quietly while grabbing the products she uses in his hair. "Why'd you go so quiet? Don't be sorry for me now." She laughs while fixing his curls. "Looking spiffy, Dusty." He smiles at her showing his missing middle teeth, and she hugs him tightly and then kisses his head. "I still have no idea how you haven't made a girl swoon already."

He rolls his eyes before getting off the chair. She kneels to his height and ties his tie quickly with a small smile, "There you go, now you look like a prince." Dustin scoffs at her comment, "Are you capable of anything other than compliments?"

"Yes, but I would rather not bruise your ego this young. Be thankful, Honey." She walks out of her room with him following right behind her. "Come on; mom is probably already in the car." She says, grabbing their jackets when she notices their mother isn't in the living room like she was earlier.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Laurie will forever thank god that she didn't have to go to many funerals growing up. The event alone is sad, a life is gone, but the people at the event make it even worse. Breakdowns, old stories, and silence. Silence might be the worst part. The crying can be solved by going to another room, and stories lighten up everything just a tiny bit, but silence...it follows. That's what makes Will's funeral so tense is the silence.

The actual event is at the graveyard with fantastic weather. Lucas, Mike, and Dustin would usually ride their bikes outside like normal children. But not today; they're mourning the passing of Will.

Laurie and Nancy are side by side as the pastor reads through his prepared eulogy. The eldest Henderson notices that none of the boys seem upset but more amused. Joyce isn't crying but almost pissed, while Jonathan and Lonnie look to be in their sad little worlds. "Just wait until we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral." Karen shushes him as Laurie sends a warning look to the boy.

The funeral ends, and everyone gives their condolences to the family. Laurie gives her quickly to Lonnie, then sends a small smile to Joyce as Nancy pulls her away from the group. "Ah! Nance, what the hell?" She is quickly silenced as they walk to a more private area. "Look, I have a lot to catch you up on, but I think Jonathan and I have a clue as to what happened to Barb and Will."