𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The first place Laurie runs to is the AV room

The first place Laurie runs to is the AV room. Unfortunately, he's not there, so she continues running around while the kids follow behind, calling out Will's name. She stops in her tracks when she sees him on the field, eyes closed and not moving. "Shit." She yells before running out the door, not knowing that Mike and Lucas are behind her.

"Will!" She screams while running to the boy. Grabbing his shoulders, she starts to shake him, "Will. Wake up. Come on, buddy. You can't do this to us. Will, please!" Mike starts to shake him and tries to get him to open his eyes. "Lucas, go grab the others. We're gonna need as much help as we can get." He nods and quickly runs off.

It seems only a second until Lucas returns with Joyce, Dustin, and Max. When they get close enough, they can see Laurie crying as she begs for Will to open his eyes or just move. "Please, please, please, Will. I know you can hear me! Open your eyes, do something!" She lets go of him when Joyce puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Max, Dustin, and Lucas pull her into a group hug as they watch Mrs. Byers try to bring Will back. Everyone watches as time seems to slow down and waits with bated breath. They can't lose Will like this. He survived in the Upside Down for over a week and came out of it alive. He can survive this.

With a loud gasp, Will opens his eyes wide. "Oh my god," Laurie whispers as she wipes away some fallen tears. He's okay. Will Byers is okay for now.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Walking out of the school and watching Joyce take Will with her. The group watches silently until Max speaks up, "Okay, that freaked me totally out. Did that not freak you guys out?" No one answers her. How are they supposed to? She doesn't know anything, and they would like to keep it that way, the fewer people involved in whatever is going on in Hawkins, the better. Fewer chances of casualties if something goes wrong.

"Two episodes in two days," Lucas comments, but no one's eyes were leaving the retreating mother and son. "It's getting worse," Mike says while Dustin grips the hem of Laurie's sweater. "You think it's True Sight?" Laurie looks at Lucas, confused, True Sight?

What the hell kind of D&D shit are they talking about?

"What's True Sight?" Max asks before Laurie can. The boys seem to only stare at Lucas, and he brushes it off. Well, at least they also agree that, hopefully, very little information will keep Max from getting involved. She can't imagine the redhead going through the stuff they did last year. Someone, she's close to deserves to have a normal childhood.

The car drives off, and Laurie sighs, "Who's catching a ride?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Max is the last person Laurie decides to drop off, mainly because she decided that she was finally ready to talk to Billy. Get things out in the open and hopefully continue a nice friendship. She would say maybe something more, but honestly, with how everything is going with Steve, she can't rule him out completely.