𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Halloween is a special time in the Henderson house

Halloween is a special time in the Henderson house. Established as one of the top three holidays for the family, they go all out, and this year is no exception. Dustin is already dressed in his costume, which is a part of a group costume with the boys. He can't help but smile at how excited she looks while helping him put on his proton pack. "Now, your trap." She mumbles, handing it over, then squeals.

"You look so adorable!" Dustin laughs as she pulls him into a tight hug. While he's all decked out in his costume for tonight, Laurie is in more of an essence of a Halloween vibe. Orange sweater with a black knee-length skirt and bat leggings. Her look is topped off with white converse decorated in fake blood splatters. It's simple but something to help get her started for the party later tonight, after days of shopping around with Nancy. She finally got everything she needed to make her costume perfect.

Both Hendersons make their way to the living room, and Dustin is pulled to take photos as soon as his feet land in the room. Laurie enjoys the show as she pets Mews on the couch. "Oh! I want to see those pearly whites! Yeah!" Her mom cheers as Dustin happily shows off his front teegrowwhich finally grew in. She laughs as Mews meows at the scene in front of her. "Awe, don't worry Mew. You're still my favorite." She coos, kissing the cat's head before she's pulled off the couch by her mother.

Dustin hops on her back as their mother continues massive photos and a huge smile on her face as her two chilpicturesose for the photos. "Mom, we gotta leave soon, or else we'll be late." Her words come out in laughs as Dustin messes with her. "Okay, okay. Get going." Both of the kids kiss their mother's cheek then quickly head out with their stuff in hand. "Okay, you're riding on your bike with the boys, right?" She questions as she waits for her ride to pull up.

"Yep, I'll see you after school," Dustin says, getting on his bike. She kisses the top of his head and then sends him off. "Stay safe, Stanz!" She calls out, then leans against the brick pillar. Only a moment passes before the familiar blaring music makes an appearance. Billy called her late last night and asked if he could take her to school. How could she say no?

Billy stops at the end of her driveway as she makes her way to his car. "Well, aren't you all dressed up?" He teases her as she sits in the passenger seat. "Holidays are a big deal in my family, Halloween also happens to be on my top 3 list. " Good Morning, Max." She says as she looks back at the redhead. The girl brightens up when she sees that it's Laurie who Billy picked up, not some random girl. "Laurie!" She exclaims with glee as she leans up to hug the girl. Billy looks at the two as the ends of his mouth twitch before he pulls himself back into reality.

He slams on the gas which sends Max flying into the backseat, "Billy!" Laurie scolds as she turns to check on the girl. "Sorry, I don't wanna be late. Right?" He asks with a cocky smirk as he turns up the music louder. Once she knows Max is okay, she sits in her seat normally. Leaning her head against the window, she watches the slowly changing color of leaves pass by as the dew shines on the grass.