𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐊𝐘

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐊𝐘. Laurie and Nancy put their Chemistry books and notes away as they finished studying for the night. "I think we got this in the bag." Nancy says, looking over to the honey-colored hair girl, "Hell yeah, we do!" They high-fived each other while laughing.

"I should get going before it gets too bad." Nancy looks out her window with a sad expression. "I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind you staying over. It's too dangerous for you to go home right now." They both look out the window as a big strike of lightning appears in the sky. "Yea, I'm going to call my mom and ask yours. That doesn't look good."

Nancy smiles softly as Laurie walks out of her room. She walks downstairs and looks around for Karen but only finds Ted messing with the TV. "Uh, Mr. Wheeler." She says kindly as he looks at her. "Oh, I didn't know you were here, Laurie."

"Yea, do you know where Mrs. Wheeler is?"

"I think she's putting Holly down for the night." She nods and heads to Holly's room as Karen walks out of it. "Oh, Laurie, I was about to head upstairs and talk to you. Your mom called and asked you to stay the night since it's storming."

"Okay, good. I was actually about to come and ask you about that. Now, I don't have to worry." She laughs shyly before thanking Karen one more time. She heads downstairs to get some blankets and a pillow but stops when she sees three boys looking at her, surprised, and a young girl with a shaved head looking scared. All of them are soaked and dripping water.

"Dustin, Lucas! What the hell are you two doing here, and why are you all soaking wet?" She scolds walking down the stairs fully. "I could ask you the same thing, Laurie."

The older girl looks at her brother, "I was allowed to come here, remember? I was studying with Nancy, and mom talked to Karen. I'm staying the night since it's storming so bad right now. Now, what about you three?" She questions, looking them over.

"We went out to look for Will, but we found someone else," Lucas says, looking over at the girl. "Hey sweetheart, how are you?" She asks softly, looking at the girl. She bends to her eye level as the girl stares at her. Her heart breaks looking into the young girl's doe eyes; she's terrified.

The girl sits on the couch, looking terrified as Laurie looks at the boys. "Do you know anything?" They shake their heads no, making her sigh. Lucas reaches out for the girl, but Mike slaps his hand away, "Stop it! You're freaking her out!" He scolds.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas argues back as Dustin comes up to the girl, "I bet she's deaf." He claps his hands before Laurie can stop him, and the girl flinches. "Dustin, seriously?!" He looks guilty, "All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold." Mike walks away to grab her some clothes as Laurie tries her best to calm the girl down when thunder rumbles.