Chapter 42: Do cats wait?

As you may know, cats are well known for being independent pets, but that doesn't mean that they don't show affection or care for their owners.

If you're the proud pet parent to a feline furball and often find yourself on the other end of some chilly behavior when you return after a lengthy absence, then chances are you've found yourself asking the question 'Do cats wait for their owners to come home?' on more than one occasion.

Jennie's POV

The people who want you in their life will be transparent about their feelings for you. They won't make you guess or doubt if they care, but instead they will show you by making room for you in their life. They will include you in their everyday, and do their part to preserve he connection you share. The people who are certain about holding onto you, will never waste time making you feel undervalued. They will realize how important you are to them, instantly, and they will make real effort to communicate the same to you.

The end.

I closed the book that I'm reading. Deb visited me earlier. She brought me food and check on me before saying goodbye since she has meeting with our big boss this afternoon. After having lunch, I take a nap and when I woke up in the afternoon. I finished reading the book.

Checked the clock and it's already 4 PM. The weather is also fine and the sun is about to set. I changed my clothes to workout fit as I planned to go to the park to jog or maybe have a walk. I'm feeling okay, after 5 days of being sick. I was sad by the last paragraph of the book that I just finished reading. Lisa didn't bother to check on me. Before, she'd be showing herself up instantly the moment she'll know that I am sick. I wonder if she knows, since I'm not in the office for the whole week. I'm thankful to both Chaeyoung and Deb, aside from checking on me, they cover some of my work loads while I am resting.

I plugged my air pods and put my phone in my pocket while the Blackpink songs are playing. I loved listening to their recently launched album, Bornpink. I can somehow relate to the song "Happiest girl"

Don't hold my hand, don't beg me back

Don't say that we'll make it through this

If I'm so beautiful, then why?

The doors we slammed, the plates we smashed

Echo with the sound of madness

I can't remember why we try

My heart only wants you

The moment you say no

I hummed while I'm walking towards to the elevator. Glad that no one's around.

I walked to the park nearby. It's like a 15 minutes' walk from my condo unit. I started having a jog and walk alternatively. Glad that it's not jump packed, have few people that I assume residing on the same building where I was living since this park is exclusive for the members only.

I was able to complete a 45mins exercise. I was panting a bit since I easily got tired so I decided to sit on the bench nearby and grabbing the tumbler that I brought with me. I'm observing the other people that are walking in the park.

While I am resting, I got some few realizations, I realize that the burden of being an adult is having to choose, always having to choose, knowing that, whatever road you take, another has been left behind. Indeed, one might say adulthood begins with the realization that choices matter. That when we are talking about future, we always see things as to how we want it to happen. We see it as somewhat almost perfect thing, but in reality, perfection isn't attainable and somehow, we need to learn how to see the future as something that has two sides- the future that you imagine and the future that you did not. Do you know the feeling that you want to tell your future self that it's okay not to be always fine because what matter is the lessons you will learn? So, when we think of the future, let's be mindful that it's not a perfect thing but we can make it better by learning and applying what we've learned to each and every day. And maybe, that's one of the meanings of being in here- of being alive- to accept the truth that you cannot make everyone to stay. Sometimes, people will remain in your life; but there are also times when it only the memories you've made with them that will stay in your head and in your heart. And when it you've come face with such situation, accepting that it once happened is all that we need to do.

Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they're meant to be in your life, they'll catch up. – Mandy Hale

I was pacing out when my phone rang. It's Deb.

"Hey, Debby! How was your meeting? Congrats! Told yah, you can do it even without me as you always do. Yeah, I went outside, I was in the park now but I'm about to head home. Business trip?

Yeah, I can do that Don't worry about me. I've been resting for 5 days. When is it? Tomorrow? Ohh that was so sudden but yeah, count me in. I'll pack my things once I got home. Thanks, Deb!"

Lisa's POV

I was panting so hard when I woke up. It is such a bad dream. Jennie being shot. I went to the kitchen and got myself some water while holding my chest. I checked my wrist watch and it's already 6:35 PM. It was a long nap.

I turned on my phone and saw some missed calls from Dad and Diana.

Diana

Dad has been trying to call you and I'm doing the same but you're out of reach. Be home tonight, I have some good news.

Sent at 16:49 PM

I took a shower and drive myself to Aunt Dara's place where Diana and Ryli's staying.

The moment I arrived the 2 kids are running towards me. I carried them as I go inside where Diana and Aunt Dara is waiting and having a tea in the balcony.

"Hey! What happened to you, you're not answering".

"Yeah, sorry I fell asleep, so what's the good news?"

"Dad is trying to call you but since you're out of reach he called me instead and share me the good news, they got the investigation on Nickhuns death and it's really an accident. No one's responsible to it. Dad said that he meets Jackson and agreed to give him the half of share of Nickhun's company. Everything has been settled to Jackson already, we can now live in peace, without worrying that someone's might hurt us. Please call dad, he needs your help in the documents to be turned over to Jackson" Diana stated

"This is indeed good news" I said smiling and hugged Diana.

"Seems like celebration is needed! Let's go inside. I prepared a dinner for us". Aunt Dara said smiling

After dinner, I tried calling Jennie's number but she's cannot be reached. I decided to spent the whole night at Aunt Dara's place and have some catch up with them.

The next morning, I went to Jennie's place. I wanted to talk to her and settle things between us.

I wanted to tell her everything already after the case of my brother has been closed.

I've been trying to knock and ringing her door bell but no one's answering. Maybe she doesn't want to talk to me.

"I think no one's in there". An old lady who lives next door told me.

" I saw her early this morning with her suitcase and carry on"

"Thank you!" I replied to the old lady as I bow my head. I dialed Chaeyoung's number and good thing she answered right away.

"Hey Chaeng sorry to bother you as early as this. Did Jennie tell you where is she going?"

"She will be in Jeju for 4 days and 3 nights but they will be back here on Friday to attend our Team's outing as part of the celebration of the successful projects and deals we have closed recently". Chaeyoung answered from another line.

"What do you mean by "they". Who is she with?"

"She's with Deb".

"Thanks, Chaeng-ah!". I said and ended the call.

To Jennie:

Jen, Let's talk once you're back from your business trip.

Good luck on your trip. I will wait for you.

Sent. 08:47 AM