Chapter 28: Shocks in cat

The zap you feel when you touch your cat occurs because you're touching a grounded object (your cat), giving the static charge a path to the ground. It can be difficult to avoid generating a static charge in some situations, especially when there's little humidity in the air, such as in the wintertime.

Lisa's POV

The days are so fast. Today's Sunday and I'm reporting to work tomorrow. I spent my vacant time and weekend with Ryli and Dae-Hyun. Diana has been consistent in doing face time every evening before we go to bed (time zone problem)

Somi messaged me earlier if we can meet up but I said no. Not in the mood for sexy time, told her that I'm gonna meet her within weekdays depending on my work load or maybe before the week ends.

When we're about to go home the other day, I'm not sure if I'm just hallucinating but I think I saw Jennie in the building.

I guess one of the most painful breaks up is when we need to let go of someone, because they need to priorities something, they need to grow, they need to move forward – without us. No third party involve (I really hope so), no sparks went dim, no feelings vanished-yet you need to say goodbye.

I know there's still part of me that still long for the love of the people from the past. Memories that my mind keeps on reminiscing, frustratingly wished that I could relive those happy times. It's hard to accept that they're gone already and whenever that truth sinks on me, it makes me crumble over and over again. How I badly wished to be with her again even just for one more day, to hold her hand and to laugh together as if we're never gonna part ways. But at some point, I have to stop waiting for her to comeback and slowly to let go of that space I always reserve for her. Because as long as I am holding into this false hope, I am just punishing myself getting stick on the old pages of my story. Maybe it's about time for me to have a new beginning, it's time for me to receive a new kind of love. I am thinking about Somi, she's been patient and consistent to me even though most of the time I have this cold treatment towards her. Whenever I need her, even though she's busy or have other stuffs to do, she will always show up. She never gets tired of me. I'll talk to her over the weekend about this, us-giving a chance.

I'm currently arranging the clothes that I will be wearing tomorrow. My shifts start at 9 AM, I got a flexi schedule. I can sign in and sign out anytime I want since I'm a consultant. I just really hoping that I could finish this project on time so I could travel back to Thailand. This will run for the next 6 months, there might be possible extensions depending on the business needs but I am really hoping to not have it.

Monday 7:23 AM

It's already quarter to seven when I decided to get up. I set my alarm at 6 AM, and did a lot of additional 10 minutes. Well, that's the usual me, not a morning person though. I take a bath, wear a light make up and dressed myself. Checking myself in the mirror, I can't deny that I'm really hot. I put my things in my red shoulder bag. My hair looks like a dark brown now, I don't know, it changes it's color at its own. Sometimes it's blonde sometimes it is brown. 

I checked with Ryli had some quick breakfast and bid my goodbye to Aunt Dara and drive myself to the office. I'm actually late for like 10 mins on my first day since I am having a hard time finding a parking space. I decided to get another coffee in the café nearby before proceeding to the lobby and invited my self to the elevator. There's a few employee but not that much maybe because it's already late. When I entered the floor, I introduce myself and asked the receptionist. She's smiling widely to me and told me that she will assist me inside. We went to the reception and saw a familiar figure.

Irene?

Lisa? What are you doing here? It's been a while. Irene gives me a quick hug.

"Are you visiting, Jennie?" She asked

"Huh?! No? what do you mean?".

Jennie's POV:

"Have you talked to Deb?" Chaeyoung asked me. We're currently having a breakfast here in my office

"Yeah, we talked last night, she said there might be a short delay regarding her flight, you know other business that needs her attention".

"Why don't you give her a chance, Jen. We both know that she likes you a lot".

"You know that I don't like her at all".

"And you're still waiting for your ex. But until when?"

"I don't know, Chae. Just eat and stop talking non sense it's too early for that".

"Jen, I think you might like our new consultant, today's her 1st day, right? I met her in Japan and she's gorgeous and handsome at the same time".

"Chaeyoung, just stop okay". I said to her rolling my eyes

"Let's have a bet, I know your type, Jen. If you will like her even just a little. You have to treat me a lunch for a week".

"And what if I will not like her?" I replied

"Then, I'll treat you a lunch for a week as well, so deal?". Chaeyoung challenged me

"Get ready your wallet, Chaeyoungie".

"I'm pretty sure, I will win. Wait until you meet Lisa today". Chaeyoung said boastfully

"What did you just say, Chaeng?"

"What do you mean what did I just say? Are you even listening, Unnie?". She chuckled

"The name that you just mentioned".

"You mean Lisa? You didn't look her profile, don't you? I sent it to you the other day".

I hurriedly went to my laptop and check the email that Chaeng sent me and I was shocked the moment I open her profile. 

It's her.

"Are you okay, Unnie?" Chaeyoung worried asked

"It's her". I answered while my eyes are still on glued to my laptop screen

"What do you mean, it's her"? Chaeyoung intrigue

"My ex".

We are taken aback when my executive assistant knocks and enter to my office

"Ms. Kim, our new IT consultant is here. She's waiting in our Conference room and having a talk with Ms. Irene".

A/N Comeback week, who's excited this coming Friday?

Aye aye captain!