Chapter 19: The cat sometimes left home

Lisa's POV

We're currently on our way to Busan. Jennie's parents had a car accident during their delivery and both has been rushed in Busan Medical Center. It's quite pricey there but that is the nearest hospital.

Jennie has been so worried. I did my best to calm her. She's the strongest yet the softest person that I know. The moment we arrived it the hospital, I drop Jennie in the hospital entrance, her brother Hyunjin welcomed and assisted her while I tried looking for the parking space.

I followed them inside the hospital, Jennie texted me the floor and room number.

"How are they?" I asked as I gave Jennie a hug, she's been crying.

"Hyunjin, go home first to get some necessities that we will need here" I told Hyunjin and he obliged

" Yeji, buy the medicines that is needed and also a food so you guys can eat". I told Yeji as I gave her the money and the list of medicine that the nurse gave to Jennie.

I assisted Jennie and we sat on the bench while we are waiting for the doctor's update. Her mom and dad are both in the ER. It's been an hour when one of the doctors came out from the ER.

"How's my mom and dad?" Jennie asked

"They're both safe, we will now take your mom to the recovery room however no visitors allowed yet. Have her rest but you guys can visit her tomorrow".

"How about dad?" Jennie asked

"He's now stable however he had a Traumatic brain injury and we need to perform a surgery as soon as possible, surgery is needed as part of emergency care to reduce damage to the brain. It's our only way of removing blood clots. Bleeding in the brain or between the brain and skull can lead to large areas of clotted blood the earliest we perform it the better. We'll have the surgery in the afternoon, Ms. Kim".

"Let's do it, Doc. Please save my dad". Jennie said bursting.

"Don't worry Ms. Kim, your dad's case is a moderate Traumatic Brain Injury, with moderate TBI, most people recover most or all of their brain function, although neurosurgery, physical therapy, speech/language therapy, psychological services, and/or social services may be needed.

In fact, depending on the severity of the injury, recovery time for a TBI may vary from a few weeks to six or more months. Each person reacts differently to injury and illness. Thus, recovery time will vary between individuals. However, the length of recovery time for TBI depends on how long a patient is unconscious. We just have to be ready of a big cost. Excuse me, will update you again later. I just have to prepare for the operation".

"Thanks, Doc". Jennie said as she wrapped her small frame to mine. I hugged her and assured that everything will be alright.

"Hon, we'll get through this, okay? I am here and I will help you. Don't worry about the cost or the money needed. For now, you have to rest, make your stamina strong and calm down. We can do this, arraso?" I told Jennie as I cupped her wet face because of her tears. She just nodded and buried her face to my chest.

We went to the Finance and got the costing; we need to prepare for at least  ₩ 351756000

I admit we don't have enough money to pay this. This is just the surgery costing and we still need to pay other hospital bills, medicines, room rate and other expenses during their recovery period.

Meanwhile, Aunt Dara called me that we have emergency at home. My mom arrived and I have to go back to Seoul. Good thing that Yeji and Hyunjin arrived.

"Hon, I'll be back tomorrow, okay? For now, don't worry about the money that we need. I will take care of it. I just need to meet Mom. I promise I will be back tomorrow". I told Jennie