Chapter 13: Cats are careless

Cat lovers will probably respond here that their pets do show affection, purring and rubbing up against their legs. But there's good reason to believe that, much of the time, these sorts of behaviors that look like affection are conducted with entirely different goals in mind. Many cats, for instance, will rub up against the leg of their owner (or another human) when the person enters a room. It's easy to construe this as a sign of affection. But many researchers interpret this as an attempt, by the cat, to spread his or her scent — as a way to mark territory.

***

Lisa's POV

"Yes, Sir ready for deployment" I answered to my boss

We're almost done with the software that we are doing. It's for deployment so our end-users can test it and check if it's user friendly and if there's any debugging that our needs to be done.

"I can always bank on you Lisa" My boss replied as he ended our call

We're back to our busy schedule. It's been a week the last time I hang out with Jennie. I wasn't able to pick her up. I feel guilty because it's raining too hard the other day, I was about to pick her up but my boss called me for an urgent meeting thus I wasn't able to go out.

Jennie shared that her boss drops her home because it's along her boss way. She said that she's also with Irene that time. Her boss must be really kind.

Jennie message me earlier that her teammates had agree to visit the newly opened bar in the 4th street near their office. It will be also a mini celebration because of the good performance of the company and it's her boss treats.

I promised her that I will pick her up. I made sure that I will be finishing all of my task earlier than usual so I could leave the office. I reported onsite today since we're schedule to deploy our system.

"Hey Lis" Jisoo one of my best friends tap my shoulder while I am busy starring to my laptop screen

"We're done deploying it, we gave the users an access". Seulgi replied as she also walks to my work station.

"Where shall we eat? I'm starving". Jisoo whined while munching a crackers

"It's just 9 am idiot and you're already eating". I told her

"This is just my breakfast, ahhh working in IT is so hard, I wanted to shift to other fields". Jisoo rant

"But our pay is good". Seulgi wink to Jisoo

"Ahh forgot it, I'm just kidding in shifting to other fields. When are we going to start the next project?" Jisoo said

"You look like a dollar bill, Unnie." I told her and smack her arms while laughing because of their silliness.

We didn't do anything the whole afternoon but to standby just in case troubleshooting is needed. It's been a while when we rested like this. The three of us just played the play station in the game room. Yeah, our company is hella rich and we have this so-called game room where employees are free to play during safe hours. We played the whole afternoon and waited for the clock to be in 5 PM.

 We played the whole afternoon and waited for the clock to be in 5 PM

The three of us grab a dinner in a nearby chicken shop. Yeah, It's Jisoo who wants to eat here. We've talked a lot of things while eating and enjoying the unli chicken wings. It's already 9 PM when we finished.

"We're going, Lis! See you next onsite". The two of them bid a goodbye

While me, I'll be going to the bar to pick up Jennie. She told me to be there at 10 PM.

I'm an hour early but it's okay, I can wait in the parking lot. I used my motorcycle this time.

***

Jennie's POV:

Our team had a dinner first before proceeding here in the bar. We entered the bar at exactly 8 PM.

Everyone is drinking and partying. While I enjoy my cocktail drink with me together with Irene and Yeri. She's our new found friend, she's from Finance Department.

Deb also keeps on talking to me. Glad that Irene and Yeri are also there so it's not awkward. I have nothing against Deb. She's kind, funny, smart and indeed a good boss. I am also comfortable around her. I'm just being so careful because other people might think that there's something going on between me and her because we're always together given that we're working closely with the big project.

Deb asked me to dance, I was hesitant at first but our team keeps on cheering for us. I don't want to embarrass Deb as our boss in front of our team so I said yes.

We just dance together with others in the dancefloor.

"You're so pretty tonight, Ms. Kim". She said and I can barely hear it because of the loud noise. I just smile at her we continue dancing as the DJ played a Blackpink song Ddu ddu ddu. The song vibe is so hype that my body is in sync on the music.

"I didn't know that you're a good dancer, Jennie". Deb said teasingly

"I just found out today". I answered

Deb is telling something but I can't hear it because the music is getting loud until she leaned closer to my ear so I could hear her clearly on what she's trying to say.

After a minute I was shock seeing Deb being push in the floor and has a small blood in her mouth. Someone punched her and I was more shocked seeing the person who just punched my boss.

It's Lisa.

A/N: Okay pi