Chapter 31: Cat in heat

When your cat is 'in heat' she is in the fertile period of her reproductive cycle and is looking to mate. A cat will usually go into heat in the spring and autumn and a heat can last from a few days all the way up to a few weeks. During a heat your cat may be more affectionate, rubbing up against furniture, walls and her favorite people. She'll probably rub with her hindquarters in particular and may frequently display the mating position with her hindquarters and tail raised. The most problematic parts of a heat for an owner are the vocalization and spraying. Cats in heat will howl loudly and constantly as they try to attract a male to mate.

Jennie's POV

I went outside to follow Lisa. She walks so fast, advantage of her long legs. In a minute she's out of my sight. I was already outside the bar, but no shadow of her. I keep on looking around and I notice someone from parking standing and leaning her body to her car. To her body figure from afar I know it's her. I went to her direction.

"Hey". I tried to get her attention.

"Glad to accepted my invitation even though I keep on rejecting yours". She said in a husky voice and siren eyes. I think she's a bit drunk.

"Do we talk here? Not a perfect place though". I told her

"Where do you want us to talked then?" She replied

"I don't know. Inside your car then? I didn't bring mine since Deb's supposed to drive me home". I answered

"Let's talk at your place, I will drive you home". Lisa replied getting her car keys and unlocking her car.

"You'll drive in that state? Do you want us to spent the night in jail if ever the cops will catch you driving and drunk? ". I said snatching from her hand her car keys. She smirks and no choice but to walk herself in the shotgun door.

The ride is quiet. Lisa's leaning her head to the car seat while her eyes are shut. It's like a 20 minutes' drive to my condo.

"We're here". I told her when I successfully park her car. She opened her eyes and removed her seat belt and open the car door. I returned her car keys.

"So, you now live here". She said while she follows me.

She was able to walk straight despite of being a bit drunk. I think she already sober up after having a quick nap earlier. We entered the elevator and pressed 8th floor.

I looked for my card key and tap it on my door.

"Feel comfortable". I told her as we entered my place. Saw Lisa roaming her eyes to my condo. It has a beautiful view at night because of the city light's view. She sat on the sofa while I went to the kitchen to get some water and gave her.

"Thanks". She said as she drinks it.

"How long you've been staying here?" She asked casually

"Less than a month". I answered and sat to the sofa as I removed my heels. Our distance is like 2 or 3 feet apart.

We remained quiet for the next minute.

"So, what are we gonna talk about?" Lisa asked me and fixing her seating position facing to me. She also moves a bit closer, now our distance is like one foot apart.

"Are you gonna say something or what?" She asked again because I didn't utter a word and just stare to her face. It's the first time that I can see her up close. I use the opportunity to tried to memorized every corner of her face because I'm not sure what will happened to our talk if it will go well or might be the last. I tried to wet my lips since it's becoming dry and took a deep breath before speaking again.