Baby just say yes

Start from the beginning

I kissed him for what felt like eternity and I still couldn't get enough.

The pull between was sacred, and I would spend every day of my life honouring it.

I opened my mouth to tell him that, but he cut me off with another kiss before screaming out towards the ocean.

"SHE SAID YES GUYS!"

"Percy," I laughed, "I'm sure the fishes are asleep"

"Oh I wasn't talking to the fishes," he said, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

He turned me around and for the second time in an hour, I was completely stunned.

Everyone I loved was there.

The Argo, Sally, Paul, Estelle, Tyson, Thalia and Luke, my younger brothers, Percy's stepmother, Aunt Aphrodite....even my stepmother and Chiron!

"I-"

"COME ON GUYS! GET TO WORK," screamed, her voice working her magic as everyone ran to retrieve some stuff, "MY GIRL IS GETTING MARRIED"

"What's going on?" I asked Percy, my heart still thumping wildly in my chest.

"I kinda forgot to mention this part," he chuckled nervously, running a hand through his hair, "I was hoping....you would marry me right here and right now. I don't want to waste another second worrying that someone's going to rip you away from it"

"First of all, no one is ever going to take me away from you," I smiled, kissing the tip of his nose, "And yes, Percy. I will marry you...right here and right now"

"Oh good," he laughed, spinning me around until we were both dizzy, "I wouldn't have it any other way"

"Annabeth..." I felt a tap on my shoulder,.

I turned around and faced my stepmother, bracing myself for another beating down.

But with Percy standing beside me and just...being in his embrace, it didn't make me feel alone. It made me feel strong, confident even.

"I suppose you're here to tell me you sold the bookstore and how I should not throw my life away?" I asked her, attempting not to roll my eyes, "Cause if that's the case, you can leave. As sweet of it as it was for my fiancé to invite you here, I have no intention of letting you spoil my perfect day"

"I was just...hoping we could talk," Helen said, her tone oddly soft.

I looked at Percy, who gave me an encouraging shove.

"You have five minutes," I tapped my foot. Out ahead, I could see a flurry of action but I couldn't discern anything.

"Percy....I'm very happy for you. He's a wonderful boy, absolutely heads over heels in love with you," she smiled, "He...made me realise that I was never honest with you"

"What do you mean?"

"Annabeth...you have no idea how much I value you. I love you, believe it or not. I was just....so guilty of taking away your childhood that I pushed you away, which just took up most of your childhood and I just...let it happen"

"Helen-"

"No...let me finish please," she sighed, "I am sorry. I am so so sorry for the way I treated you. I'm your mother and it was my job to provide for you, not yours to provide for us.

Helen let out a long breath, patting her hands on her knees, "We'll...have this conversation another day, If you want to. You're right, this is your special day and you should enjoy it"

"I-" I was too stunned to speak. Whatever conversation I expected to have with Helen, this was not it.

"I do hope we can start fresh. I brought a peace present," she said, gesturing Matthew and Bobby, who were holding a huge box over.