Chapter 149 | March 16th | The Publishing Houses

Timeline - March 16th | ( Next Morning)

Eko had been lazily stretched out on the longue, waiting patiently as coffee was being delivered from her darling fiancé to be, after his training session with the Toni.

Her excitement bubbled as she eagerly listened to the reports that Jesse read aloud on the adjacent chaise, her hair in a charming disarray, and her snug white cotton robes wrapped around her body.

Mya, comfortably nestled against her in a carefree manner, leisurely reclined even more. She idly played with the ends of Eko's tousled hair, resembling a bird's nest, while Jesse continued to read aloud in a teasing tone from one of the reports written by publishing houses that had covered them the previous night.

"Did they say anything at all about my dress?" Jasmine complained from the single-seater, her legs propped up on the coffee table, a glass of cold juice between her fingers as she sipped it slowly. Dressed in some thrown-on activewear, she was as much of a chaotic mess as any of the other girls.

"Ohhh, here's an article," Jesse snuggled into the lounge, "the gala returns as the elite don bold shimmery gilded era looks."

"That sounds like a good piece," Eko waved her hand, signaling to continue, then placed her arm over her head to block out the blaring light.

"How much did you drink?" Mya asked, attempting to untie Eko's plait from last night.

"I don't think we slept," she muttered exhaustedly, "and for some reason, the guys wanted to train before coffee. I swear Matthew hasn't slept in like three days now."

"Adrenaline and sweat to kick the alcohol," Jesse suggested, shaking her head. "I'm too far gone for that with my hangover."

"I saw your mate Aiden hanging around after you decked Peter," Mya teased, she and Richie were fixated on the fact that he had been at the event, and neither of them seemed pleased about it. Mya had made sure either Richie or Sawyer intercepted every conversation between them. She did not need dickface back in the picture. 

Jesse shrugged indifferently. "We spoke a lot. We're in a better place this time."

"Don't tell me your gonna get back with him?" Eko muttered with her arm still draped over her head, "didn't you break up because he was... like an asshole? "

"They broke up because he wanted her not to be herself, all boss-like and in charge," Mya clarified, rolling her head to the red-haired girl, who simply glared at her.

"He's just really good at sex, isn't he?" Jasmine cut straight to the point, eyes narrowed suspiciously, addressing the unspoken, "you slept with him, and he's just good in bed?"

"Anyway," Jesse refused to answer, staring at the tablet, "Kaydence Whitnor shut down the gala red-carpet Thursday in one of Marilyn's most iconic dresses-"

"She was absolutely divine," Jasmine let the conversation go with a smirk, "best headmistress around! So, we're taking it you slept with him last night then?"

Jesse spoke louder over Jasmine's lingering question, "-a gold-beaded body hugger. Monroe wore it when she was sexily singing happy birthday to the King twenty-five years ago. Whitmore had to lose sixteen pounds to fit into the dress."

"How much is that, why can't they use the normal metrics," Mya muttered.

"It's like seven or eight kgs," Eko waved her hand about again. "Seriously where are they with the coffee?"

"Designed by Jean louis and purchased in 2116 by the Hermitage foundation for a whopping 4.1 million."

"I could buy a lake cabin at Tahelo for that," Jasmine muttered, "hire a few men from Cristabel's."