Chapter 147 | January 31st, 2121 | "See, A Piece Of Cake!"

Timeline - January 31st, 2121 | ( 1 month later)

The warriors moved gracefully across the battlefield, their steps perfectly synchronized with the rhythm of their attacks. Each movement was a dance, a well-coordinated performance against the forces they confronted.

They drove, slashed, and killed their enemies, pummeling them into the ground that early morning, the sunrise had given them a new day, and today was going to be spent in blood.

The warriors pressed on, their movements precise and relentless, and for every step made, one of them had been beside the other defending them. Since the carnival, the Sorceress had remained elusive, granting the warriors an unexpected reprieve. The monsters they faced now were different, terrorizing towns on the outskirts of a micro-city far north of them.

Jesse's combat boots collided with the woolly chest of her enemy, channeling an enormous amount of energy within her fingertips. With a calculated release, she unleashed the built-up force in a powerful attack, effectively eliminating her enemy from the battlefield.

As the chaos of battle continued, the red-haired surveyed the field with a vigilant gaze. Demonstrating remarkable agility, she moved swiftly, engaging with foes and defeating them with precision. Her presence on the battlefield was marked by a relentless determination to overcome any enemy, bouncing between the youmas and swiftly neutralizing each threat she encountered.

Toni diligently maintained his focus on Jesse amidst the chaotic battlefield. Acknowledging the numerical disadvantage they faced, he strategically moved to her defense whenever she was momentarily distracted, swiftly intervening and eliminating enemies to shift the balance in their favor.

Similarly, Richie vigilantly kept an eye on Mya and Jasmine, ensuring their safety throughout the tumultuous battle. Positioned closer to Jesse, Matthew actively was relentless with monsters alongside her. However, his attention was singularly fixed on a specific individual, fully aware of her capability to fight and defend her self, yet he held an inherent responsibility to safeguard her well-being.

She was his to protect, and the seemingly fearless woman was enjoying herself on the battlefield that morning, effortlessly dispatching the youmas. When she claimed it was due to wedding stress, he scoffed. To him, all she had been doing for the past month was indulging in mimosas and trying on wedding dresses on every available day off.

Blue steel eyes observed as his fiancée gracefully moved around the battlefield, displaying increased agility due to her training. Her every movement was flawless, from her continuous calls to attack the enemy to her unwavering determination to defeat Isis. In those moments, he realized why he couldn't have loved anyone else but her.

Eko pivoted on her heel, acknowledging his watchful eyes, and redirected her attention toward him, playfully winking at the man she loved deeply. She then resumed her lively dance across the field. Today, she had places to go, a cake to taste, and endless lovemaking to be done in the shower when they returned home.

Her thoughts must have mirrored his own, for Matthew smiled wickedly, and his attention returned entirely to the battlefield, where a monster charged at him. In one swift move, he beheaded it.

Jasmine found herself caught between three monsters, and the rest of the warriors were blindsided by the sudden emergence of new threats. In mere seconds, Eko bounced across the field, twirling around her friend, defending her with every skill she possessed.

Cockily winking at Jasmine, Eko didn't anticipate the next move. One of the monsters charged out of nowhere, crashing into both Eko and Jasmine, sending them flying across the field.