Big Brothers, Big Face-Palm

Start from the beginning

Ahsoka rolled out from under where she'd been working under her starfighter, a bit of dust drifting up her nose and causing her to sneeze. The high-pitched sound echoed around the mostly-empty hanger.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?!" Anakin shrieked, appearing from nowhere. "Ahsoka, what's wrong? Are you sick? Do you feel okay?"

Suddenly, about fifteen clones burst into the hanger from every direction, carrying canteens of hot tea, boxes of tissue, and mountains of blankets. Ahsoka took a few steps back in bewilderment as the clones charged her, attacking her with everything she had. Before she knew it, she was wrapped in what felt like a hundred of blankets, and Anakin was holding her hands.

"Oh, Ahsoka, you're burning up. It's okay, Ahsoka, it's okay. You're not going to die," Anakin assured her.

"I'm burning up 'cause I'm wrapped in a million blankets," Ahsoka huffed.

"It's okay, you'll live, Ahsoka, I promise."

"What the kriff?!" Ahsoka squawked. "I literally just sneezed!"

🪐🪐🪐

"Ready to go, Snips?" asked Anakin, waiting with Rex outside her quarters.

"Yep," Ahsoka said, the door swishing open to reveal Ahsoka wearing her parka and gloves.

"Ooh," Anakin huffed. "That won't do."

"Nah," Rex agreed. "The planet we're going to is really cold. Don't worry, we have more coats!

"Hey!" Ahsoka yelped as Rex grabbed her and dragged her to the clone barracks. He and Anakin were quick to wrap her up in more ponchos and parkas until she could hardly move.

"Don't take any of them off. You need to stay warm," Anakin warned.

Ahsoka groaned and hobbled after Anakin and Rex to the gunship. If she had enough mobility in her arms, she certainly would've given them both a big, fat facepalm.

🪐🪐🪐

Ahsoka was startled awake from a ratta-tat-tattering on the window of her room the Halls of Healing. She glanced over blearily to see Fives, Hardcase, and Tup at the window.

"What are you doing?!" Ahsoka whisper-shouted to them. She was bed-bound and only allowed one or two visitors for an hour every day. It drove her out of her mind and the boys knew that, so they'd tried unsuccessfully several times to break into her room.

The three managed to override the lock on the window and tumble in with as little grace as possible.

"Commander, we made it," Tup squealed. "And we brought Sabacc cards."

"Healer Che is going to catch you," Ahsoka warned, but she couldn't help but smile. She pushed herself into a sitting position and the three gathered around her stiff mattress of a bed and dealt out the cards.

"We're so good at this." Hardcase high-fived Fives, making a huge slapping sound. Everyone froze as the sound of footsteps became slowly audible.

"Hide!" screeched Tup and the three dived under the bed.

Healer Che opened the door to her room. Ahsoka quickly used the Force to shield the presence of the clones from the healer.

"Padawan Tano," Healer Che said, "what was that noise?"

"My commlink fell," Ahsoka said. "I got it."

Healer Che looked at her skeptically and Ahsoka held her breath. Finally, Healer Che said, "If anything strange happens, I'll find out about it."

"Yes, Ma'am," Ahsoka said.

Healer Che left with one last suspicious scan of the room. After several beats of tense silence, the clones burst out from under the bed wheezing and snorting from suppressed laughter.

"Dude, we are awesome," Fives said.

"Yeah, we're like totally superspies," Hardcase agreed.

Ahsoka snorted and face-palmed as Tup dealt out the Sabacc cards, but she had a huge, dopey grin the whole time.

They may be idiots, but they were her idiots.

-----------------

Word Count: 1,220

Published: September 25, 2022

There you go, peoples. A long-awaited update! 

By the way, this is the 81st chapter. Whoah. That's crazy to me. 

So, anyways, I think I'm just rambling at this point because my brain is dead, and guess what... tomorrow is Monday! I'm internally crying. 

Can we get a digital show of hands for those who are not excited about Monday, please? 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas/suggestions!

Bye, peoples!