Knowing that Xu Jinhai wasn't here today, she felt both disappointed and relieved.

Suddenly, she realized an important point.

"If Xu Jinhai knew about my existence, and even has a close relationship with you, does he know that you also withheld information from me and prevented me from getting my salary?"

Nova coughed and sensed an emergency level crisis.

"About the information...he knew that I had to prevent you from knowing much because of the butterfly effect. He also didn't want to force you to fall in love with him. Although I did have to endure his temper several times."

Nova winced as he thought about the past. The moment he was sure that Song Jia was the one the male god had been crazily looking for, he quickly alerted him.

Xu Jinhai had shared almost everything he had discovered to Nova. This was the main reason why Nova kept a close eye on Song Jia at all times, treating her very differently than the rest of transmigrators under his employ.

Xu Jinhai was naturally very eager to meet with Song Jia and introduce himself. Nova had to talk to him out of it several times. Despite Xu Jinhai promising not to reveal anything to Song Jia, Nova wasn't sure how stable that resolve would be if she managed to suspect something and questioned him.

Of course, the worst of it was when he also showed him Song Jia's memories of her transmigration missions. Xu Jinhai nearly climbed into the astral pod himself when he saw Zhao Cheng's stupidity.

"How could that bastard be me? I definitely won't look at any other woman aside from Jia!"

For Xiang Feng, he disdained his inability to protect his own woman.

"Locking her in a room with two women? Even if the other one wasn't a spy, isn't he afraid that they would eat her tofu?"

In fact, Xu Jinhai didn't have a good face for any of his incarnations. Lin Yitian was too naive, Ye Minzhe had a dog's mouth...

Nova decided that the male god was definitely not a good partner for watching movies. He was the kind of person who would yell at the screen about the protagonist's choices, even though no one behind the screen would be able to hear him.

Nova shook away all unrelated thoughts and said, "Although it was difficult, we did keep him from changing the course of history."

Song Jia crossed her arms and looked at Nova.

"Then what about my salary? Did Xu Jinhai know about that too?"

"Oh, about that...." Nova flashed her a confident grin. "Don't worry, he was in the dark about that one. I just told him you were a stingy person and didn't want to spend any money."

Song Jia, "..."

"Here." Nova handed her a slim card. "All the credits I've owed you since the beginning of your mission are in that card. Unlike you who's stingy, I'm a very generous boss."

Song Jia quickly took it and carefully held it in her hands. Nova suddenly appeared more dazzling in her eyes.

"Thank you, boss!"

All the previous accounts were redeemed in one stroke. Song Jia could no longer care about anything, what's more important is the precious baby in her hands!

After talking with Nova some more, Song Jia went out of the transmigration department building. She was excited to finally spend some money!

What problems, what dilemma...as long as you're shopping, everything could be forgotten.