25. Golden Hour

A/N: The song attached above was the inspiration for this chapter. Feel free to listen to it to get inspired but it's not part of the chapter per se. Anyways, feel free to comment and enjoy!

 Anyways, feel free to comment and enjoy!

📍Paris, France

Sebastian

This was Paris. The city of love, the world of adventure and art. The classics.

My life was starting to look up. I finally had my father off my back about the shit he wanted me to do for his company, and I could finally feel burden free with the one person I wanted to be a better man for.

Spencer Haverick.

God was she beautiful.

She was humble and gorgeous, yet cocky and insecure. All at the same time. It was breathtaking the amount of emotion she felt and grace she had when she looked to the world.

Never have I ever seen a girl with such elegance and grace as I see in her. It was refreshing.

I've been taking her on dates lately, trying to figure out what this is, what we are. I see her smile and it makes me overjoyed, but how would I know she's the one?

I've dated women, more than I could count, and I have yet to feel that spark.

I've had a good time with Spencer, don't get me wrong. I just need to feel something. The last thing I want to do is waste her time.

And yet I feel that's all I've done.

However, I can tell she wants me to be more open, but I don't know how to do that. Emotions were always frowned upon in the eyes of my father, so I never felt anything.

That's when I turned to drugs, because they made me feel something.

So today, I decided to show Spencer a piece of my life not many people know about.

My love for art. I know that sounds like such a feminine hobby but it's true. I've always had a respect for the talent behind the brush strokes.

I love it's complexity and the story it tells.

Getting up from my seated position on the couch out in the living space, I slowly make my way into the resting girl still strained on the bed, her hair creating perfect waves of blonde and dark honey as they contrast the white bed sheets.

"Hi gorgeous," I tuck her hair behind her ear as I sit down on the bed next to her. I was up and showered and dressed in my typical leather jacket with jeans, excited for what today had in store. "I have something for you."

I hand Spencer a coffee I went and got early this morning. "Light milk and two sugars, just the way you like it." I lean down and kiss her on the forehead.