3. Move Your Body

📍Indianapolis, Indiana

Spencer

Rounding the last bend of the 500 lap race, I was in first. I had been for the past 300 laps, no shocker there.

'Coming around the bend, we have number 29! Miss Spencer Haverick! This will be Haverick's second consecutive win at the Indianapolis 500!' The announcer shouts through the microphone over the crowds of cheering people.

Thousands of cheers roar from the stands as I race across the finish line.

'And there we have it folks! The first female to win the Indianapolis 500 two consecutive years in a row! This has been a great start to the season for Spencer Haverick! We can't wait to see what she does in the American Grand Prix, only three weeks away!'

The crowd cheers as the announcer continues on with his speech, shining light on the second and third place winners.

Driving into the pits, I jump out of my car as the pit crew, my team lead, and manager Weston come flooding onto the track.

Pulling me from the car, the pit crew hoists me up onto their shoulders.

"Maverick! Maverick! Maverick! Maverick!" The crew shouts, my nickname becoming all the more fitting the more races I win.

"Alright! Alright! We have two other drivers to celebrate! Cole and Chase!" I shouted over the volume of the crew.

"Hey guys, congrats on coming in third and fifth!" One of the pit crew members celebrated.

"Hey man, it's always a pleasure to drive alongside Maverick here!" Chase yells as he removes his helmet and places his hat on his head.

I do the same, my blonde hair falling to my chest as I fix it the minute it's released from the helmet.

"Oh stop, please! I'm just glad to be racing with two amazing drivers!" I modestly state as I celebrate the success of my teammates as well.

"Come on Maverick! You placed first! Celebrate that!" Cole shouts over the chants of the team.

"Ahhh! Alright! I placed first!" I jump up and down, celebrating my victory.

I was beyond excited. I had worked hard for this, all those rough days spent grueling at the track have finally paid off.

With the celebration taking place, a man walks into the crowd with purpose written on his face.

I knew him.

"Miss Haverick, congratulations on first place!" Mr. Briscoe announces, the team falling quiet.

Straightening myself out, I looked up to the man and thanked him, "It was an honor to drive today sir."

"Then you will be pleased to hear that you are starting second in the lineup, driving the American Grand Prix in three weeks!" The man then announces.

"Are you serious!" I exclaim, happier than ever.

This was all I had ever wanted, an actual shot at success.

Receiving a nod from the man, the team goes back to cheering everyone on.

"Oh and one more thing," Mr. Briscoe adds, "Good luck at the press conference tomorrow. You deserve to be there."

Earning a smile, the man turns and walks back out towards the stands.

As the team eventually peels off and heads out for the after party, I head to the hotel to prepare for tonight.

Arriving back at the hotel, I took the elevator up to my suite. I open and close the door behind me, making my way over to my luggage to pick out an outfit.