7. Ohmami🌶️

📍Indianapolis, Indiana

Spencer

Slamming my foot on the clutch, I forced the car into first, slowly building up to the desired gear.

I was already ahead, which was no shocker considering the car next to me was a pile of shit.

Sure, the guy spent a lot of money on his modifications, but they were all directed towards drag racing.

This was street racing.

I was used to the adrenaline and the speed that came with racing. What I wasn't accustomed to, was the fact that this race was taking place on open roads.

That meant traffic.

Real life cars that had to be dodged.

This was new for me. I've done one other street race, and it didn't end well.

The long stretch of road ahead of me was caked with cars and people. Red lights, street signs, store fronts zoomed past me as I switched gears.

My eyes dart back to the rear view mirror as I see the familiar Volkswagen symbol behind me.

"This bastard." I spit as I ponder his slimy deal he made before the race started.

Now was my time to show everyone I wasn't just a washed-up driver, especially Sebastian.

I wanted nothing more than to show him that I was more than what people may think of me. A woman in a man's sport.

I knew in my heart that I had nothing to prove. But there was a part of me that wanted to show him that I was good enough and wanted to make him proud.

I never pined for other people's approval but something about him made me want to work hard for this.

His perfect eyes, his god-like complex, his witty humor, his bad boy personality, it was all so new to me.

I've never gone after a man with his mystery and his rude humor, his dominant aura and his demanding words.

All the men I've ever been with have treated me well, took me on dates, bought me things, made me feel confident. But the one thing they lacked was the ability to push me out of my comfort zone.

Never once has a man pushed me and forced me to work hard. Using their dominance to demand things.

I yearned for that. I needed that.

I needed him.

"What the fuck!" I yell as I pulls away from my thoughts. "Gross!" I shudder as I realize I was thinking all about him.

I reach down and grasp the lever resting next to the driver's seat. Wrapping my hand around the lever, I pull the black brake, turning the wheel.

With the force of the turn, my body leans to the left as I round the front of a city bus, gaining speed as I come out of the turn.

I slam the clutch and put the car into fourth gear as I move my foot back over to the accelerator.

Coming out of the turn perfectly, I speed down the street as I slowly peel away from the Volkswagen behind me.

Turning corners and dodging other drivers, I screeched my wheels as I performed a hairpin turn through an intersection, dropping my gear down to second.

Passing the other driver as he approaches the turn he has yet to perform, I drive the best I can.

It's been a long time since I did this and I finally felt free. Nascar was great but it was always so structured. There was nothing new happening, no plot twists, nothing to push me to be better.