𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐇𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫"

𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰

𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

There are 21 vision wielders in my village, and by the end of tonight, there will be 0 vision wielders.

"Let's see, will a man who wields a Pryo vision be affected by actual fire?" The man in the mask purred. His hands were clasped around a bottle of red liquid. 

Fire crackling in the background drew out the screams of the first man subdued for the masked man's experiment. 

My gaze turned towards a tall woman as she spoke. 

"Why must we waste time dealing with these human filth?" She hissed. "Let the wolves have their dinner for the next storm." Her voice was harsh, though in her eyes she enjoyed the trembling figures on their knees in front of her. 

A man in glasses was smiling while his fingers grazed the bags of mora my village had stored away. His tongue clicked as his posture straightened. "Not much, though it is enough. The Northland bank will be very pleased with the offer." 

The man in the masked didn't seem to care what the man in the glasses said. All he seemed to care about was how long a human being could survive while being on fire. 

My eyes scanned the area. The place I once called home was now up in flames. Bodies lay on the fronts of their houses. 

"Very interesting." 

My eyes widened as the masked man lowered his face toward mine. 

"This one does not fear us, how interesting is that?" His lips curled into a smirk. 

"Why don't you tremble like the rest of your friends and family?" He cocked his head to the side, strands of hair falling over his mask. 

"Why do you speak of humans as if you all aren't humans yourselves?" My voice was harsh and demanding. 

"She speaks." The man in the glasses handed a bag of mora into the hands of a futui member. 

"Of course, I speak." I spat out, still facing the masked figure. The smile was still visible on the figure's face. 

He stood up. From down here he looks like the very Archon he protects. His finger grazing the side of my jaw. 

The falling snow seemed to slow itself as he said those words to his Futui Pyro-Slingers. 

"Kill the rest, but leave her unharmed." 

Darkness overwhelmed me before I could see his men point their guns at the villager's heads.

That doesn't mean I couldn't hear their cries and screams. 

𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐢 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I woke up with an aching pain in my head. I sat up, hair falling down my back like ink. Where was I? Well, more importantly, how am I not dead? 

My eyes scanned the room. It was a very plain room with a theme of Snezhnayan painting over the walls and furniture. On the end of the bed lay a dress covered in the traditional blue of the Tsaritsa. 

"What is this?" I muttered to myself as I ran my fingers through the silk. 

"That is a work uniform for the maidens." 

Goosebumps pimpled my skin. I snapped my head towards the voice.

There stood the masked figure from last night. Though he was not wearing the oversized coat I last saw him in.

His lips curled into a smile. "Work uniform?" I scoffed at the words.

"If you think I will be working for you after you and your men butchered my village, you've got a lot of nerve." I hissed through my teeth and threw the silk onto the floor. 

"Most people do not have the guts to speak to me like that. Those who grow the balls to do so, die too quickly before they see what happens."  His voice went cold as he strode to where I sat. 

"You killed innocents, and now you expect me to work for you-" 

"I didn't killed, I kill. You speak to me like this is my first time killing." His smile grew as he continued.  "From the way you speak to your higher-ups and how you didn't flinch when that man got set on fire, it's not your first time seeing death now is it?" 

I fell silent. He pulled out a gloved hand. 

"My name is Dottore, but you can call me The Doctor, number 2 of the Futui Harbingers." He tilted his head slightly. 

Silence filled the room. "You're supposed to tell me your name, human." 

"Again, you're human as well." I hissed. 

A little man appeared in the doorway. His ears were elongated, he must be of elf descent. 

"Pulcinella, what a delight to see you here." Dottore hisses under his breath. 

The so-called Pulcinella ignored his partner and turned his head towards me.

His voice was cruel. "You're late. The other maidens have been up for the past hour waiting for you." 

Dottore rolled his eyes. "I was just explaining everything to her Pulcinella, do not get your balls in a twist." 

Pulcinella grumbled under his breath and left the room, leaving me and this mass-murdering doctor alone. 

"Explain to me what is going on." I snapped my head to face Dottore. 

He only purred and lifted my chin with his finger. "Arlecchino will explain everything to you, my dear human." He smirked, turned on his heel and left the room. 

Leaving me in a room filled with the scent of blood and the darkness of this blood-soaked region.