"This is the worst patrol ever, I can't believe we had to fill in for Karai while she gets to go on a mission." The black-masked turtle complained, as he heavily sat down, pouting like a child. "Hmm I do have to agree with you Midnight, it is way too quiet tonight." The other mutant spoke, standing on their four legs, keeping lookout for a certain somebody or something. Midnight hung his legs over the roof, wailing them up and down. "Nigtorra? Are you okay? You seem a bit stiff." Midnight questioned, looking at his four legged friend who seemed to sense something. "Midnight be quarry, I feel we are being watched." Midnight immediately stood up into a ready position. Both Midnight and Nigtorra searched the roofs and alleyways, looking for any sign of danger. Midnight had his bow drawn, while Nigtorra was ready to bite the neck of their victim.

"I must say you are better than you look." Midnight and Nigtorra spun towards the voice faster than the flash could run around the world. Midnight was annoyed by the person the voice belonged to. "Of course, hello Azrael." Midnight spoke, his voice was filled with hatred and venom. Midnight never put his bow down in fact he had an arrow ready to shoot. Azrael only smiled before putting his index and middle finger to his mouth, blowing out a whistle. A bunch of goons came from the shadows, holding many different types of weapons. Some weapons consisted of bats, chains, knives, and even swords. Midnight growled at this. "Azrael call off your men and everyone survives and goes home happy tonight." However Azrael did not follow but rather grinned and took out a a sharp bladed crow bar that was a gray in color. "I think we'd much rather enjoy taking your lives." Midnight didn't say anything but fired an arrow to the skull of one of Azrael's men. "So be it, guess we'll see what breaks first, your spirit or skull." Azrael was ticked, he was the one who was supposed to fire a first shot, now his moment was ruined.

The goons bombarded Midnight and Nigtorra. This gave the three turtles a chance to leave. unfortunately for the three turtles one of Azrael's men spotted them trying to flee. "Boss! We got some escapees!" Azrael and Midnight both looked over at the mutants. Midnight tensed up a bit, Azrael noticed this and smirked. "Off with their heads!" The goon smirked and called his friends to help him out. Leonardo tried giving an order to flee while they could, but Raphael's stubbornness wouldn't allow him to run from a fight. Hence saying so Raphael took his sai's out, ready to knock some goons out. Leonardo and Donatello couldn't leave their brother behind, not again. The two also took their weapons out, getting into a ready position.

Now both teams of heroes and 'villains' were fighting together to stop an enemy of the other, how ironic.

The fight went on for sometime. Midnight was firing as many shots as he could before he ran out of arrows. He never missed a shot, some were clean head-shots that made the heroes disappointed and disgusted, others were to the chest or different body parts. Once Midnight ran out of arrows he pulled out his black laced katana from on his back, ready to cleanly slice the heads of his enemies. Eventually his katana was soaked in blood, Midnight never hesitated to take a life, especially from the people who worked with Azrael.

Azrael was losing his men. Midnight and Nigtorra were taking their lives very rapidly, of course they left some serious damages that would need stitches on Midnight. Azrael knew his men needed regrouping and more training before he could take Midnight's head. Azrael hated what he was going to do but he had no other choice, he called his men back and retreated. "Til next time Midnight." Azrael said, saluting to Midnight in a jokingly manner as he and his men left.

Midnight was left with some wounds that would need treating, most of them were on his arms and shell. He had a deep cut in his left arm that hurt when he moved it. Midnight hated the idea of getting stitches, he never really enjoyed them and would always rip them out when he was younger. Nigtorra noticed her friends wounds and offered to give him a lift back to Shredders. Though the two were stopped by the angry turtles.

"Want to explain what just happened?!" Raphael yelled and shoved Midnight back, hitting his left arm. Midnight hissed in pain and held his arm, not touching his wound. Nigtorra stepped forward, covering Midnight and growled at the red-masked turtle. "Raph stop!" Donatello cried out as he held his angry brother back, trying to prevent him from getting himself killed. "I would listen to purple if I were you." Raphael growled in anger, flames filling his eyes. Unfortunately Donatello wasn't strong enough and Raphael escaped his grip, charging towards Midnight with his sai's. Though Raphael was unable to reach him as Nigtorra took the stab to her tail. She yelped in pain but growled in anger, she was not going to let him hurt Midnight, it was her duty to protect him at all costs. Nigtorra opened her mouth wide and took a snap.

All that was heard was a scream of pain and cry for help.
----------------------------------------———-

A/N
Back with another chapter in the same day! I'm on a roll today :))
Word count: 1738
Date: 09/24/22