I Can't Dream Can't I?

As we eye

The blue horizon's bend

Earth and sky

Appear to meet and end

But it's merely an illusion

Like your heart and mine

There is no sweet conclusion

I can see

No matter how near you'll be

You'll never belong to me

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I pretend

That I'm locked in the bend

Of your embrace

For dreams

Are just like wine

And I am drunk

With mine

I'm aware

My heart is a sad affair

There's much disillusion there

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I adore you

Although we are oceans apart

I can't make you open your heart

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I pretend

That I'm locked in the bend

Of your embrace

For dreams

Are just like wine

And I am drunk

With mine

I'm aware

My heart is a sad affair

There's much disillusion there

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I adore you

Although we are oceans apart

I can't make you open your heart

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I pretend

That I'm locked in the bend

Of your embrace

For dreams

Are just like wine

And I am drunk

With mine

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Irving Kahal / Sammy Fain

I Can Dream Can't I lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Warner Chappell Music, Inc

Lord Andrew Charles would travel out to Madame's Boarding House when the gate to the garden door was closed

Lord Andrew Charles would travel out to Madame's Boarding House when the gate to the garden door was closed. He would look through the gate of the garden to see if he could catch a glimpse of Karissa standing outside in the garden at Madame's Boarding House.

Lord Andrew Charles had a problem about following rules and he was rebellious, defiant, and did exactly what he wanted to do without realizing the consequences of his actions.

Lord Andrew Charles looks through the garden gate and he sees Karissa standing by the man-made lake out by the garden and he calls out for Karissa, but she doesn't hear him call out for her.

"Karissa. It is Lord Andrew Charles." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

Karissa turns around and she sees Lord Andrew Charles and she walks over to the gate " Lord Andrew Charles. The garden gate is closed and it is not opened up." Lady Karissa explains.

"Please Karissa. May I come in and talk to you." Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"No. You may not." Karissa answers "Why do you disregard all the rules that have been established for the aristocrats?"

"Lord Richard William Carey is my 1st cousin twice removed and he doesn't mind if I come to his territory." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

Lord Andrew Charles looks at Karissa " Karissa. Please let me talk to you?"

"Why do you ask me if you may come and see me, Lord Andrew Charles? Do I come to Norfolk and bother you?" Karissa asks.

"No, but I wish you would come to Norfolk Territory." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"Lord Andrew Charles. I have no reason to come to Norfolk Territory as I am quite content living in Bedford Territory and Lord Richard William Carey is a complete gentleman." Karissa answers.

"I see my cousin has designs on you, Karissa." Lord Andrew Charles asks her.

"Lord Andrew Charles. No one has designs on me. Lord Richard William Carey is a friend as Kevin Thomas Riley is." Karissa tells him.

"I am glad to hear it." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"Lord Andrew Charles. I am a friend to Kevin and Lord Richard William Carey.." Karissa explains."You want more than what I can offer."

Lord Andrew Charles. I know of your ambition to become Duke of Norfolk Territory and the only thing preventing you from becoming Duke is a child." Karissa tells him.

"I don't understand why you don't go to one of the daughters of aristocrats on Star-Base 12 and marry her?" Karissa asks.

"Have you seen any of these wenches, Karissa? They bat their eye-lashed at me and parade in their fancy dresses." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"You are different. You don't bat your eyelashes at me and nor do you wear fancy dresses." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"I have no desire to wear fancy dresses." Karissa explains, "nor do I care too."

"I have plenty of dresses to wear. They may not be elaborate but they are my style." Karissa explains.

"Please let me come into the garden." Lord Andrew Charles begs.

"Please don't beg, Lord Andrew Charles." Karissa asks "and furthermore, I don't want to have to tell your father that you have become a pain up my rear-end."

"When I see Lord Richard William Carey. I will have him tell your father that I have asked you very kindly not to disobey the rules that you are supposed to follow but don't." Karissa tells him.

"Alright Karissa. I will return to Norfolk, but next time I hope the garden door will be open." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"Most likely the garden door will be opened next time." Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles.

Lord Andrew Charles starts to walk back toward his carriage but before he does he turns around to see Karissa standing at the gate and then he climbs back into his carriage.