The Duet At Madame's Boarding House

Karissa :

A man who came to my valley

A man I hardly knew

A man who came to my garden

Grew to love me

Lord Andrew Charles:

A girl I saw in a valley

A girl I hardly knew

A girl at work in her garden

Grew to love me

From the gate, he called out so kindly

"Lass, wouldst thou 'low me rest here? I've ridden quite far."

"Share my tea" she bade me so gently

Oatcakes and cream, sweet plums in a jar

Karissa :

And every day to my garden

This man, who might he be

Came bearing baskets of roses

For he loved me

Lord Andrew Charles:

All I own I'd give!

Just a garden

All I would ask is never to-

Never to leave!

Say you'll have me

Safe you will keep me

Where you would lead me

There I would

There I would, there I would

There I would go

Karissa and Lord Andrew Charles together:

A man who came to my valley (A girl I saw in a valley)

A man I hardly knew (A girl I hardly knew)

A man who gave me a garden (A girl who gave me a garden)

Grew to love me (Grew to love me)

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: L. Simon / M. Norman

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR is sitting in the living room at Norfolk Estate and he hears the door open up and he rises to his feet " Well. You have certainly been out all day?"

"I had a very pleasant day with Karissa, Father. Madame asked me to stay for lunch and dinner and then Madame asked me to play the piano for the ladies and her and I didn't want to disappoint them." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"Did you disappoint them?" Lord Charles Andrew JR asks.

"No father. Madame was very happy with my performance and she complimented me." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"I see that your mother taught you well how to play the piano." Lord Charles Andrew JR exclaims.

"In fact, Karissa has asked that mother and you along with Lord Richard William Carey join us out at Madame's Boarding House for an evening of quiet entertainment. Karissa and I will be singing several duets together." Lord Andrew Charles tells his father.

"Most certainly we will go, Lord Andrew Charles. I had the utmost respect for Monsieur Valois when he was alive." Lord Charles Andrew JR states, "I am sure that Lord Richard William Carey will not want to miss this performance."

"I will have our cook prepare us a basket of finger foods and a bottle of champagne to take with us for the performance." Lord Charles Andrew JR tells his son.