128

"Wow, my little girl is all grown up!" Guenther gushed as the door to the bridal suite was opened by Juno. The Haas boss gazed at his daughter up and down. "You look beautiful." He grinned, pressing a kiss to Presley's cheek.

Guenther couldn't help but tear up as his daughter stood before him. He couldn't quite believe that he would be walking her down the aisle in less than an hour, but Guenther couldn't wait. It was the one moment a father always looked forward to, and this was no exception.

"Thank you, dad." Presley gazed as the makeup artist touched up the delicate rose-coloured lipstick she was wearing. "I couldn't have gotten this far in life without you." She emoted, "Thank you for everything."

That was all Guenther needed to hear about, setting tears to pearl in his eyes. This was the girl that he had done everything for. He just wanted her to have the best possible start in life, even if that meant shipping her off to boarding school at age 11. He had had the pleasure of watching Presley Steiner grow from a rebellious and creative youth to a maverick in her field. It was incredible.

Everything had finally come together, and with Charles on her side, Presley knew that the rest of her life was just footsteps away. It hadn't always been an easy journey, but the good ones rarely are.

As Juno walked towards Presley holding her bouquet, Guenther gasped, "You picked sunflowers?"

A touching moment between father and daughter as the blonde Maid of Honour, Juno, pinned a sunflower to the lapel of Guenther's black morning suit.

Slowly Presley nodded, "You always told me that sunflowers follow the sun...." She started before her father picked up the rest of the sentence, "But in the true moments of darkness, they turn to face each other and share the energy." He blubbered.

Guenther wrapped an arm around both Juno and Presley. To him, no matter what they went through together, the two girls would permanently be bonded. They were fast friends at boarding school, and it genuinely brought a tear to Guenther's eye that they were now family. Well, once Arthur pulled his finger out and proposed.

"I will never forget the time your Head of House called me to tell me that you two," Guenther chuckled, wagging his finger between the blonde and brunette in front of him. "Had somehow managed to set fire to your dorm room, and your excuse was that you were playing Harry Potter?" He sighed with an approving grin.

Juno was first to point out that, looking back, she had no idea how playing with fire would be able to determine who was the Slytherin and who was the Gryffindor, but at the time, it seemed perfectly plausible. Eventually, as they grew older, Juno and Presley realised that nobody was entirely one house. Sure, Presley, from the outside, seemed to be destined to adorn Green and Silver. Ambitious and driven, but she was also incredibly creative and intelligent. The traits of a Ravenclaw. So, perhaps she was a Slytherclaw.

If you wanted someone brave and strong-willed, then Juno was your girl. The markings of a true Gryffindor. But on the flip side, underneath the roar was someone who wanted to belong, someone dedicated to making things work. Loyal to a fault, even if the loyalty was sometimes questionable. A Gryffinpuff. The Lion and the Badger, ironic that she should be a combination of those two animals when before her and Presley got involved with F1, she rooted for Max and Daniel. Well, after Seb.

Perhaps that was why Presley and Juno worked so well. They were complete opposites of each other. They never saw things the same way. It's an excellent way to think of something.

"I am so proud of you both, Presley; you are my golden girl, my shining light in the world." Guenther acknowledged pressing a kiss on his daughter's forehead. "And Juno, you are the second daughter I never wanted. Creator of chaos, but the keeper of the peace. I am so glad you never gave up on each other." He embraced the blonde before taking a step back and looking at his watch.