127

October 24th 2026

"I don't think I have ever been this tired!" Presley exclaimed as she threw herself down against the bed. She wore yesterday's clothes, minus the shirt that baby Lewis threw up on. "I thought they would just learn once they reached the one-year mark." She cried, tired tears falling from her eyes.

Charles was barely awake until Presleys smacked his thigh. He muttered incoherently, but that was not enough for Presley. She slapped him again, and he blurted out that he was awake. It was a semi-truth.

Twins were demanding and very tough, and even with the whole village helping, Presley and Charles were still drowning. Baby Lewis and baby Milo were a tag team. When Lewis cried, so did Milo and vice versus. They were bonded, and that was a nightmare, cute but scary.

Charles rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock. Jesus, it was 03:34am. Had the babies even slept? "Max made this look so easy!" Charles wept.

The Leclerc twins had just turned one, yet they seemed to have mood swings of 16-year-olds. Charles had wondered whether the names were haunted by the men they were named after. Lewis Hamilton and Milo Crusoe were incredibly active people, early risers and later sleepers. Just like the twins.

"Max only had one," Presley pointed out as she crawled up the bed. Charles tried to pull her closer, but Presley squirmed out of his grip. "I need a shower, but I also don't want to move." She complained.

The couple lay on their bed. They stared at the ceiling in disbelief at how quick the past year had gone. It felt like just yesterday that Presley was in labour, and now they had one-year-olds. Tomorrow was their first birthday party, albeit a few late, but both Charles and Presley were excited to welcome all of their friends to their St Tropez villa for what Presley hoped would be the party of the year.

Charles ran his hand up and down Presley's arm as he always did when he could tell she was stressed, and to this day, it still calmed her down. It was moments like this, the simple ones, where Charles realised he finally had everything he had ever wanted.

"How about I run you a bath?" Charles yawned as he began to sit himself up. He rubbed his eyes as Presley turned around and laid on her stomach. She looked up at him. "I'll wash your hair, if you like, with that extra special head massage." He winked.

Immediately a smile appeared on his fiancée's face. Presley slowly nodded and bit her lip. "And we have that new lavender bubble bath that Beau and Daniel got us?" She grinned, thinking of the bath gel that Beau had formulated.

Charles got up and took himself to their gorgeous bathroom with a bathtub big enough for them both to relax. He was going to make this special for Presley, so before running the bath, Charles popped his head around the twins' room to ensure they were asleep.

The Ferrari World Champion gazed at his two little ones. As usual, Milo and Lewis were cuddled together. They had their own cribs for the longest time, but their cries would wake up the neighbourhood. It was only when his mum suggested letting them sleep in the same crib like they were back in the womb. And from that day on, minus a few blips, the twins slept through the night.

Presley still laid on the bed. She was exhausted, and the designer sometimes didn't know whether to cry or laugh. However, it was the most rewarding exhaustion. The brunette had never thought of herself as ever wanting children, her career was the important thing in her life, but that changed the moment she fell in love with Charles. She imaged a future with him, and that was what they were living.

It made Presley think back to the first time she indeed met Pascale. A woman she loved more than her own estranged mother. The Leclerc matriarch insisted on taking Presley out for afternoon tea at Cafe De Paris in Monaco, and to say the two got a little too happy on champagne was an understatement.