91

"And you're single now, so please, come out and enjoy it." Juno laughed as she shook Presley's shoulders. They sat in Presley's 67th-floor office that overlooked Central Park. After a hectic day catching up on emails from the festive period, Juno had decided that they must hit the hottest bar opening that evening.

Presley shrugged her shoulders and pointed to the laptop, "Ju, I have so much work to do, and I haven't even thought about my pre-season speech for Bloomingdales." She whined before calling for her assistant to bring in a double espresso. "Why don't you go? And I'm on the guestlist anyway, and if I can get away, I will." Presley insisted.

Juno cocked her head to the side. "You know you'll have to get out on the scene eventually, and what better place than an exclusive bar opening." She pleaded and batted her eyelashes at her best friend, who was engrossed in whatever email chain she was on.

The two girls had been back from Aspen for over two weeks now, and Presley had thrown herself straight back into her work. The brunette and Milo had even left Aspen the morning of New Year's Day without letting any of the party know. Juno knew that this was a late reaction to her breakup with Charles, but the blonde hadn't expected it to be this deep.

Presley turned to look at Juno, "Look, I have so much work to do; maybe Emma will go?" She sighed and turned back to the computer. "Plus, I'm really not that much fun." Presley chuckled to lighten the atmosphere.

A scoff left the lips of Juno, who didn't believe a word of what her friend was saying. Whilst she knew that they were very different people, she also knew her best friend, and what she needed was to get straight back on the horse.

"You and Milo seemed to have a lot of fun together, and plus, Emma is still with Pierre," Juno revealed, much to her friend's delight. "I just want to help; you can tell me what you need." She added.

Presley knew even though they had had their fair share of dramas, she could rely on Juno, and besides, once your best friend has seen you throwing up tequila through your nose, there really is no going back. The only problem was that Presley didn't know what she wanted besides distracting herself with work.

"Milo and I just watched Grey's Anatomy for four days straight, plus we decided that we really need to take some time apart," Presley admitted sadly; although she did try to laugh, it came out a lot sadder than she intended. "It's sad but the truth is our relationship will never be the same."

Upon returning to New York City from Aspen, Milo had stayed with Presley for just over a week, and they had had many deep and profound conversations. They admitted that they were both in love, and it went a lot further than just love. It was as if they revolved around one another. However, the feelings they shared were locked in with trauma.

Both Milo and Presley knew that if they had both been honest with each other way back after their first trip to Tuscany, everything would be different. Nevertheless, they were very aware that they needed each other in their lives, whether romantically or platonically. Hence, they were reluctant to jump into anything straight away – that and Milo knew that Presley needed to heal.

"But I thought you broke up with Charles to be with Milo?" Juno remarked, clearly confused by the whole situation. "Wait, did you actually love Charles?" She gasped.

It wasn't Juno's fault that she was not caught up in the ending of Presley's marriage as the fashion designer hadn't really spoken about it to anyone besides Milo and, an extension, Lewis. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk about Charles more; she didn't know what to say.

Presley sighed and twirled her chair around so that she was looking at the panoramic view of Central Park. "I broke up with Charles because I wasn't going to be enough for him, and he deserved more." Presley nodded as she gazed over the city she loved. "He deserved someone who was 100% sure about their feelings, someone who would be cheering him on at every race and someone." Presley began to tear up, "Someone more than me." She admitted.