92

"Have you noticed how Presley is always out somewhere? Every picture she posts is at some new club." Charles scolded as he closed Instagram.

He looked to Lewis, who shrugged his shoulders. "She could at least pretend to be upset," Charles added. "I mean, she looks high in her newest picture."

Charles had kept a close but distant eye on Presley's social media accounts and saw every post. However, he never commented. Charles saw as she was pictured stumbling out of clubs and bars, holding on to different men, and Juno was never far behind. Even though he wasn't the biggest fan of the blonde, Charles was at least glad that they had each other. Although he thought that Juno had been in a relationship with Jacob Elordi after spending Christmas together.

Lewis chuckled as Charles went on a rant about how Presley was out every night and always seemed to be getting herself into tabloid trouble. "A few weeks ago, she was spotted hanging around with Justin Bieber, who is married," Charles remarked as he bopped his head.

"Why do you know all of this, I know I'm not your manager, but is your time best spent cyberstalking your ex-wife?" Lewis suggested as he bit his lip. "She's probably dealing with things, just like you are." He added.

Charles shook his head. They were not dealing with the same things, and even if they were, Presley was spending her nights drunk and stumbling out of bars. In Charles' mind, they were not the same.

"What is the difference between Presley getting drunk and leaving a club with a man than you inviting one of your many Tinder conquests over for sex?" Lewis calmly pointed out.

The Ferrari Driver scoffed, "It's not the same; I'm trying to forget Presley." Charles insisted. "I know what you will say, but it's not the same. I'd rather she'd have coupled up with Milo than seeing her go home with different guys."

Ever since Charles had seen that Presley was going out every other night, Charles had made it a point to match her. It hurt that she would go out and go home with various celebrities but could never go home with him. He tried to replace her with different girls. It never worked.

Lewis cocked his head, "Why, though? Milo is your best friend, and you'd rather see him with Presley?" He asked, slightly shocked at the words that had come out of his friend's mouth.
Charles nodded. "At least Milo would be deserving of her company; these other guys are scum." He remarked in a riled tone as he pulled up a photo of Presley holding onto Drake's arm. "Can you really tell me that he will treat her right?"

Lewis gently lowered the phone that Charles had thrust into his face. "No offence, I'm not sure Presley is looking for someone who will treat her right." Lewis snorted, "I think she's probably just trying to move on, and for the record, Drake is actually a nice guy."

There was a moment of silence between the driver and ex-driver. Lewis was beginning to grow tired of the charade that Charles was playing. He knew better than anyone else that Charles was putting on a brave face and pretending that he didn't care, but that was so far from the truth. There was only one reason the Ferrari Driver was keeping tabs on Presley: he was still head over heels in love with her.

Charles rolled his eyes, "I just think she should think about who she is bringing home." He seethed and got up from the sofa he was sitting on. Charles took two steps before turning back to look at Lewis. "I'm sure this is all Juno's making." He bit.

This nagging feeling in Charles's mind was that he wasn't being true to himself. Hooking up with a different girl every night was not him, nor did it remove the memory of waking up next to Presley Steiner.

A memory that Charles had locked away was the first morning in Napa Valley. The sunrise was low, and the room was glowing an amber shade. He rolled over, and there was Presley. As she snoozed, a smile grew on her face, and her arms reached out for Charles, although now he thought about it, maybe she was reaching for Milo.