119

Guenther Steiner was never going to be an easy man to win over. Especially when Charles Leclerc had married his only daughter in a drink-fuelled frenzy in Las Vegas last summer. However, Guenther was beginning to warm to Charles. Despite all of the drama that had gone on over the previous eight months and the breakdown of relationships and feelings.

Two bottles of red wine had been ordered to the table and an espresso martini for Presley. She felt she needed to keep her wits about her throughout this dinner. She sat next to her boyfriend on the velvet sofa opposite her father, holding a glass of red wine.

"And so, with your approval, I would really like it if Presley could come and watch the races from Ferrari," Charles suggested as Guenther swirled the wine around his glass. "Of course, I don't expect Presley to be at every race because her career comes first." He added.

Guenther appeared to ponder the words that had left the driver's mouth. At least he didn't want straight shoot it down straight away, was all Charles could think. He knew that Presley's father was not his biggest fan, and that was evident when Guenther made an off-hand comment suggesting that the driver took a leaf out of Milo's book when it came to looking after his daughter.

Presley leant over and rested a hand on Charles's knee underneath the table. A smile broke on his face as he felt her begin to rub her thumb against the dress pant fabric.

"I don't see why not, as long as you both promise to have dinner with me once a month, at a restaurant of my choosing," Guenther announced as he clinked his glass against a relieved Charles's. "Just don't hurt my daughter." Guenther sternly warned before raising a brow.

"Actually, I take that back." Guenther nodded to a confused couple opposite him. "Presley, I love you but don't hurt Charles. God knows you put him through enough already and his hair is too good to start thinning out!" He laughed.

Charles looked to Presley. She was his whole world, which scared him in the best way possible. Before meeting the fashion designer, Charles's entire world revolved around racing. He knew his career could be over in seconds, but his love and life with Presley were forever.

Losing Presley had been hard, and there were moments that destroyed him inside but Charles knew he would do it all over again if it meant Presley would be by his side.

Presley was about to talk, but her father quickly began speaking. The Haas principal looked tenderly at the young couple in front of him. Guenther knew what it was like to be young and in love, and he hoped it would work out for his daughter. He had watched Jaspar destroy Presley's very being and liveliness, and he was unable to do another time.

"Just so you know, no relationship is sunshine and rainbows all the time," Guenther said as he placed a hand over the conjoined hands of Presley and Charles. "But the true strength is if you can ride out and survive the storms together." He added with a sweet tone.

Presley had introduced several men to her father, some friends and some boyfriends, but this was the first time Guenther had acknowledged any male friend of hers. Well, besides Milo, however, Presley was learning to realise that Milo was an anomaly. He was unlike any other man who walked this planet, and she was glad their paths crossed.

Sure, some of Presley grieved the loss of her relationship with the British heartthrob. However, she loved Charles. The type of love made her heart skip a heartbeat any time someone mentioned his name or if she saw him across the room. Presley Steiner was head over heels in love with Charles Leclerc. It had only taken a failed marriage for her to realise that.

"I know that you two have had your differences, but, Charles, I have never seen my little girl happier than when she is with you." Guenther smiled, and finally, Charles had Guenther's approval.