83

It had been a while since Presley had attended a race, and it seemed that she forgot about the buzz in the paddock every time she did. The fashion designer would be spending the weekend at Mercedes with Team Crusoe, but she had also promised that she would try and pop by Ferrari.

As she approached the garage, she was greeted by a flood of photographers who were most likely trying to get a photo of Scarlet, who was about to make history by becoming the first female World Drivers Champion. It was a great honour to have been invited by her, but Presley felt a nagging feeling that she was making a mistake by being here.

Suddenly Presley felt a tap on her shoulder, and she turned around to be greeted by the biggest grin she had ever seen in her life. "DANIEL?" she exclaimed as he jumped to hug her. The Australian ran his arms around the brunette before letting her go and stepping back.

Presley had met Daniel only twice before, and both times they had gotten drunk whilst trying to keep up with Beau and Milo, who were just slightly better at holding their alcohol. However, they hadn't seen each other in a while.

"Thanks for inviting me to your wedding...oh wait." Daniel mocked as they walked through the paddock. Presley shot him a glare that warned him to tread lightly where he was going with his comment. "You look good, though." He added to the delight of the designer.

The outfit Presley had picked was made up of a baby pink mini dress with floral detailing, a black longlined leather jacket and her favourite doc marten boots. In her head, she had thought about wearing something more 'girly', but that was until she woke up with the worst hangover she'd had since she married Charles.

"You're watching from Mercedes?" Daniel asked as they began to approach the Ferrari and Mercedes garages. Presley nodded and pointed to the trailer with the big pictures of Scarlet and George on the side. "Though I will go to Ferrari to see him at some point." She laughed and pointed to the adorable photo of Charles.

Daniel chuckled his famous deep laugh and shook his head. "For a minute, I thought you meant see Max." He remarked before admitting that he was watching from Ferrari with Beau as they were guests of Max for the weekend.

"Plans for the evening?" The Australian asked as Presley pulled her Mercedes garage pass into view.

The brunette shrugged her shoulders, "I don't think I have any; why, what crazy idea does Mr Ricciardo have?" Presley giggled as she reminisced about the first time she had been introduced to him at his and Beau's housewarming party in Monaco a year ago.

A devilish smile came across the handsome Australian's face. This could only mean trouble, but this enticed Presley. "You know the best thing about not being a driver anymore is that I can go out the night before the race and get absolutely slaughtered." He told her.

Presley nodded, and Daniel continued. "Two words – steak and caipirinha." Before explaining that caipirinha was the famous Brazilian alcoholic drink, he said that apparently, this restaurant was known for mixing the best one in the whole country.

From the look on the girl's face, Daniel knew that she was up for their plans which were perfect as now it would be a good group of four rather than three. "Great, so you and Milo are staying at the same hotel, right? So, meet us in the lobby at 16:45?" Daniel arranged.

"Got it; I can't wait to see Beau." Presley smiled before realising the time. "Quali starts in 20 minutes; I should probably get to the garage." She pressed, which Daniel appreciated as he was meant to have a pre-qualification chat with his best friend, Max Verstappen, who was going into the race poised to take P3 in the championship.

The two shared a hug before walking into their respective garages. Unlike all the time Presley had visited her dad at Haas, she felt nervous and slightly overwhelmed walking into the bustling Mercedes garage, but that was all gone when she saw the familiar face of Milo walking towards her.