64

Presley pursed her lips as she sat down at the table opposite Juno, who had already asked for a bottle of their favourite champagne, Laurent Perrier Rose, to be brought to the table. Usually, this drink was reserved for special occasions, and the brunette was not sure what they could possibly have to celebrate.

Moments later, the bottle was brought over, and champagne was poured for each girl. It had been a while since they had been to Le CouCou, their favourite restaurant, and naturally, the staff were delighted to see the designer and socialite.

Juno raised her glass, "Cheers," She beamed and looked at her friend, "C'mon, you're not going to leave me hanging, are you?" the blonde nervously laughed, but her glass was soon met by Presley's, and they chimed them together.

The bubbles tickled Presley's nose as she took a sip. Delightful. She had always loved how delicate the bubbles felt compared to other brands; they were effervescent, which was also one of her favourite words.

"So the meeting went well, and the new season looks incredible," Juno mentioned as she placed her glass back on the table. "Bloomingdales loved the colour palette, and I saw that you were talking to the creative director of Saks. It would be great to feature him on the website; what do you think?" She mused as she thought about the content she could be creating.

A scowl came over the designer's face as she cocked her head towards the blonde. "I think it would be a better idea to decide whether you are staying or going?" Presley remarked as her phone started ringing. She let it go to voicemail. "Because whatever you decide will cause a massive chain effect."

Presley was undecided on where she stood with Juno leaving. She wanted her to stay because it had always been their company, and she enjoyed having Juno bounce ideas off. However, Presley also didn't wish Juno to stay if she didn't want to. And it wasn't as if she couldn't hire an external Chief of Social Strategy; in fact, Presley had already started receiving potential candidates through her inbox from their Director of Staff.

A weak smile glazed Juno's face. "I wasn't sure you'd want me to stay after all the recent drama." She said, shrugging her shoulder. "I mean, do you?"

"It's not my decision. We both have equal shares in Steiner and Jaxon. I can't push you out, nor can I make you stay," Presley informed Juno, who was beginning to look more relaxed.

The whole way through the Buyers Presentation, Juno had refrained from talking, which was unusual, and part of the presentation typically contained a brief social strategy for the upcoming campaign. Presley noted that it was still in deliberation but that the inspiration for the collection was Napa Valley and Rustic Afternoons.

A number of their clients had asked about the stability of the board of directors, but Presley had brushed it off as hearsay, although perhaps this was not so accurate. Deep down, she didn't think Juno would leave, but Presley had already secured a buyer looking to make their mark in the fashion industry and would help her take the brand to the next level.

Juno watched as Presley smiled and took a long sip of the champagne. They had spent many nights here getting drunk, but Juno felt that her friend had other places to be and other people to see. One of them was Milo Crusoe.

"But do you want me to stay?" Juno asked with a sigh. "Because we aren't where we were when we founded the company, and it's clear that the brand means everything to you."

The same scowl reappeared on her face as the waiter came over to top the glasses and take their orders. Even if the two girls were not on the best terms, they still shared the Seafood Platter, which had their favourite oysters on.

Presley looked down at her phone that had begun ringing again, but she again let it run to voicemail; however, as it was Milo, she sent him a message letting him know where she was and not wait up. She also knew that he was out with Charles and Lewis tonight, so she added that they were all welcome at her apartment if they wanted to have a nightcap.