102

Arthur had listened to his older brother natter about how beautiful Presley Steiner was for months, and as the brunette swanned toward him, Arthur finally understood his brother's obsession with the designer.

Presley wore an off-the-shoulder peony pink flowing mini dress with a pair of white sandals that gently contrasted against her enviable spring tan. Her brunette hair was pinned back off her face with two pearl bobby pins matching the pearl earrings.

As Presley approached, Arthur stood up to greet her. "I see why my brother married you the first chance he got." He laughed as Presley hugged him. "Nice to finally meet you," Arthur added before pulling out the chair opposite for the girl to sit down.

The table was right on the rooftop's edge, which meant that they could look over the entire marina as the sunset. "The Leclerc genes clearly run strong," Presley remarked as the waiter came over to ask them for their order.

Unlike Charles, Presley was unsure if Arthur drank alcohol, so she allowed him to order first. It turned out that he did drink but that his preferred wine was white. "Yeah, I'll get the same," Presley smiled, to which Arthur then suggested it would be better to order the bottle.

The waiter returned moments later with the bottle of Pinot Grigio and two chilled white wine glasses. He invited Arthur to try a sample and accepted with a nod before pouring a drink for Presley.

Presley raised her glass towards Arthur's, "Cheers." She smiled, clinking her glass against his. They both smiled and took a sip of the pale liquid. It was fruity and not too dry, the perfect white in Presley's mind.

"You know I met this new girl he's dating, Rosie," Arthur mentioned as he watched Presley swirl the liquid around in the glass. She cocked an eyebrow, "I don't like her, and neither does mum." He added with a scoff.

Presley gasped. She was shocked that this girl had already met Charles' family, but at the same time, it made her feel guilty as Presley never had. "I didn't realise it was that serious," Presley remarked as she bit the side of her cheek.

Presley saw how cosy they had looked from the body language between her ex-husband and the blonde, but they were still getting to know each other. Presley took a deep sigh and then sipped on her wine.

Arthur matched her sigh and felt slightly guilty. Was it too early for him to have brought up the relationship between his brother and the girl his mother had called 'fake'? However, one thing was for sure despite being in the presence of Presley Steiner for less than half an hour, Arthur was captivated by her beauty and aura. This was a girl he wanted with her brother, not the blonde hanging off of Charles' arm every moment she could.

"I don't think Charles realised it was that serious...." Arthur weakly chuckled as he showed Presley messages exchanged between him and his brother. "He's livid that she's posted something on social media."

Presley shrugged her shoulders. She knew that it would have been her showing off her relationship with the Ferrari driver in an alternative world, and it was Presley's reality for a while. Things could have been so different, but the designer also knew that everything had to happen the way that it did.

A laugh came across Arthur's face as he watched Presley take in the sunset coming down across Monaco. "So what is it with you and sunsets?" He asked as Presley's eyes drew to him. "After you, Charles never missed a sunset if he could help it. He would sit on his balcony and watch the sun go down." Arthur explain.

Warmth came over Presley as she thought about the sunsets she had shared with her ex-husband. Her favourite was the very awkward flight from Las Vegas to Napa Valley last July. Presley recalled sitting on the edge of Charles' seat, his arms wrapped around her waist to steady her from turbulence.