𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Start from the beginning

I nodded in reply. "Too much of caffeine is not good for the body. If you so badly want to drink coffee, then try jiggling the type of coffee you drink. Caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee."

"If it's decaf, then it's not coffee, duh," Hanniel said. "And some of us have our reasons for drinking so much coffee."

"What are the reasons?"

"I won't answer that because you already know too much about my life, while I don't know anything about yours."

I paused, not having anything to say in response.

Hanniel was right.

He was.

I knew so much about him, but he didn't know anything about me. However, I was sure our classmates would've told him anything he asked of them. Infact, if he wanted to know anything now, they'd probably tell him in a heartbeat.

"Just ask our classmates, they'll tell you everything," I said, with a tone of dismissal.

"Y'know the mates don't fancy you, right? That's why you aren't even free to go to the cafeteria."

"That cafeteria thing is not because of them. Do you even see me eating in school?"

Hanniel threw me an unsure look immediately, facial features clouded by judgment.

"Believe me if you want to." I almost huffed.

I heard him chuckle, a sound which I had to admit was strangely pleasant to my ears.

"Do you listen to music, by the way?"

To say I was surprised to hear Hanniel ask me that question-obviously absurd to me-would be an understatement.

I decided to go with one word, "no."

"Then listen with me," Hanniel offered. "I have only K-pop and Christian music on my phone though, but recently I found some music that I have been listening to nonstop. One, Atlantis by Seafret."

"Thank you Hanniel, but I won't like to listen," I politely declined his offer.

"Seriously? You can't do this one thing for me?"

"Why do you want to listen to music with me?"

"Why can't I listen with you?" Hanniel retorted.

I sighed, shaking my head. He wasn't going to give up on this.

"Fine. As long as it's good."

The bright smile that I was used to seeing on Hanniel's face came up again, almost contagious to me.

Except, I wasn't one to smile that way.

He gave me one of his air pods and I silently watched him as he played music from his Spotify.

The rhythm of the song started on a slow pace, sound of waves in the background, playing along with the gentle tune that soothed me with a cozy and feathery feel.

To be honest, the song was actually nice.

I closed my eyes, giving into the subtle temptation of sleep.

Minutes later, I felt a finger tap my cheek repeatedly. My eyelashes batted as my eyes fluttered open.

I fell asleep.

"You're awake," Hanniel stated. I looked up at him, but then an excruciating pain shot through my neck.

"Ow," I groaned, holding my neck with both hands in a bid to massage them.

"I still can't believe there is no teacher guide for this..."

I didn't pay any attention to what Hanniel was saying. All my focus was sadly on the pain in my neck.