Closure

August 26, 2020

Harry was a cloud of nerves on his way to the prison which held his now ex-wife, Meghan Markle.

He had scheduled this visit very private since the goal of this visit is for him to get closure from Meghan.

He couldn't believe what she had done to him and his family, for making him think that they were in the right, going against everything he ever said in public, twisting it making it seem as if he was the bad guy.

Today, it was time for that closure. Harry needs those answers and hears her side of the story.

He knows for sure, that he is not getting back together with her. He just needs something that will close that door and answers his what-if questions.

Harry was so distanced from his friends, those who have held his back for years, that getting them back includes a lot of making up to do.

A very select group of people knew about today's endeavour, they include his grandmother, his father and his two brothers. All of whom, are very supportive of him.

By the time he reached the destination, he could feel his sweat rolling down his back. He could feel his hands shake with nerves causing him to clench and unclench them. Harry took a deep breath before getting out of his car and locking eyes with the Supervising Officer, the one who will bring Harry to meet and talk to Meghan.

Seeing as Meghan was a public figure and an ex-member of the Royal Family, a family that is known all over the world, she was put into a high-security prison with really good benefits for the inmates. She gets hot means, access to the activity room and other luxuries that most inmates do not get.

Harry straightened himself out as he was brought into the first room, where his phones and his protection officer's weapons were stored and locked before he was buzzed into the building.

He walked down the hallway with flickering lights before stopping in front of a door with a red light on the side. There he can hear a buzz before the door was being opened and the Supervising Officer turned to Harry.

"You can take as long as you want sir, just signal to us by that mirror when you're ready to leave," the Supervising Officer nodded to Harry who then walked into the room before securing the room once more.

Inside the room was a small table, with two chairs on opposite sides.

On one side sat Meghan and an empty seat in front of her.

"Hello, Harry."

________________________________________________________________________________

"How have you been Harry?" Meghan asked casually across Harry as if they weren't sitting inside a prison where Meghan now resides.

"I think we should skip the small talk," Harry shifted uncomfortably. He knew that if she tried anything, there were about five officers around him outside the doors as well as in the room next door looking over them. Not only that but their conversation, no matter how private, is recorded.

"Why are you here?" Meghan looked at Harry losing the small smirk on her face.

"I'm here for answers," Harry said looking up from his fingers. "Did you ever love me?"

"I'm sorry," Meghan said. "I loved the idea of you. I didn't love you, no."

"Why?" Harry asked after a moment of silence.

"Why what?"

"Why did you do what you did?" Harry asked finally looking up from his fingers to look at Meghan.