The Anniversary

August 18, 2020

"Good morning my love," James whispered into Eleanor's ear that morning when they woke up. "Happy anniversary."

"Hm, happy anniversary sweetheart," Eleanor kissed James gently on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." James smiled at his wife of twelve years. They couldn't believe that it has been that long since they've gotten married and even longer since they've been together.

"Are the kids awake yet?" Eleanor asked James as she turned towards him in bed.

"I think we have a few more hours to ourselves," James grinned before rolling himself on top of Eleanor. "I think I need to show how much I love my wife."

Eleanor let out a giggle before kissing him passionately.

_________________________________

After spending some time rolling in their bedsheets, Eleanor and James finally went downstairs and joined their family at the breakfast table.

"Happy Anniversary!" Cheers greeted them as they entered their dining table that morning led by their eldest children, Alex and Amelia. Aidan's let out some words that sound like 'api aniwersawawy' and clapped his hands excitedly while his nanny stood by smiling.

Eleanor and James smiled warmly at their growing little family.

Throughout the day, Ellie and James received many called from their close friends and family who wished them a long life of love and happiness between them.

With Eleanor's bump so noticeable already, they didn't want to leave it to chance not being photographed before the announcement so James (helped by Alex, Mia, Addie and Aidan, though Aidan wasn't much help), set up one of the drawing rooms in Clarence House with candles, rose petals and a table in the middle for a romantic dinner.

Around lunchtime, Ellie surprised James with a picnic indoors inside one of the sunrooms filled with their favourite snacks.

"Did you remember that time when we first met?" Ellie looked at her husband with an adoring smile on her face.

"How could I forget?" Eleanor laughed. "You bumped into me and caused me to spill my iced coffee all over myself."

"I paid for dry cleaning," James nudged Eleanor.

"As you should, since you bumped into me," Eleanor raised her eyebrows at James.

"Pretty sure it was you who bumped into me," James said. "I get it now, you wanted to meet the prince so you 'accidentally' bumped into me."

"Excuse you, don't be so full of yourself husband," Eleanor said. "I would have protected my iced coffee. I would also like to remind you that I had no idea who you were at the time."

"You knew of the royal family," James pointed out.

"Yes, I knew of Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth," Eleanor said. "I knew she had three boys but what they looked like and their names, not a clue."

"Plus, you used an alias when you introduced yourself to me," Eleanor added.

"I did yes," James said. "Well, I'm glad I bumped into you that day, it led me to be married to you."

"I love you," Eleanor looked up at James before kissing him softly.

"Ewwwww," their children voiced out bringing them both back to the present since they forgot that they were in the presence of their children.

_________________________________