Graham Norton Show

April 28, 2019

What Eleanor is wearing: 

"Are you ready for this?" James asked his wife on the way to the Graham Norton Show

"Are you ready for this?" James asked his wife on the way to the Graham Norton Show. They were approached by Graham Norton himself on a letter stating that he wanted to have them a guest star on the show earlier in the year.

When it was brought to James and Eleanor's attention, they immediately brought it up to the Queen who had the opposite reaction to what Eleanor and James expected.

"So let me get this straight, Graham Norton mailed your office asking if you both can guest-star his show for a British special sometime in late April?" Elizabeth asked again.

When the royal couple nodded, Elizabeth continued.

"And you both want to do it?"

"Now, before you say no granny, hear us out," James started off. "It would be good for the monarchy since we're so secluded, and the both of us- well we think that if you let the press in just a little, they'll leave us alone when we're not in an official capacity. And also, I think it would bring a good light to the family, with everything that's been happening-"

"Yes, you may do the interview," Elizabeth cut off James' ramble, smiling at them.

Eleanor and James looked at Elizabeth a bit shocked before standing up and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Both Eleanor and James exclaimed.

Safe to say, that after Elizabeth gave her blessing, she reminded them of the things they were allowed to discuss and were not allowed to discuss.

"James, I'm ready for this. Really, I am," Eleanor took James' hand in hers. "It's just I haven't done a TV live audience in over 10 years."

"I'm sure you'll do fine, darling," James gave her hand a squeeze before they realise that they have arrived at the studio.

The car went into the underground parking to remain incognito, they even ditch their police detail in front of their car so that they wouldn't get noticed, instead, they have an extra car that holds the security detail inside them trailing at the back.

Waiting at the front of the back entrance underground was a few staff personnel, Eleanor and James' private secretaries and extra security details that have arrived ahead of them, Eleanor's stylists and Graham Norton himself. Not to mention, James and Eleanor's private photographer to capture some behind the scene moments.

James got out of the car first with Eleanor following behind him.

"Thank you so much for coming, Your Royal Highnesses," Graham shook James' hand before moving on to Eleanor.

"We were actually quite surprised when we got your letter," James laughed. "I immediately showed it to Eleanor and she straight away booked an appointment to see the Queen that day itself."