The Sleeping Beauty

December 1, 2019

what Eleanor is wearing:

Eleanor was inside the Royal Ballet School at Covent Garden where she has been rehearsing for the opening night alongside her understudy who will be portraying Aurora for the rest of the shows

Eleanor was inside the Royal Ballet School at Covent Garden where she has been rehearsing for the opening night alongside her understudy who will be portraying Aurora for the rest of the shows. Since Eleanor is only going to play Aurora for Opening Night only.

It is also the night where the Queen and the rest of the members of the family will be attending the show.

The opening night is also the first time in Royal Ballet history that they will be showing the play live on television. For one night only of course.

Eleanor is currently stretching her muscles and warming up when Kevin O'Hare, the director of the Royal Ballet followed by Darcey Bussell entered the studio.

"Ma'am," they both greeted Eleanor as she stretched out and roll out her muscles before the five-hour-long rehearsal.

"Good afternoon," Eleanor greeted back smiling a bit. Ballet has always been a source of release for Eleanor and ever since she got to rehearse to perform on stage again, it's as if she was reborn again.

Ballet is mostly where Eleanor got her poise and how she carried herself, which most would think that she's floating on air when she's walking.

For this section of the rehearsal, Eleanor was joined with four male ballerinas, who are posing as princes from four different nations.

Once everybody is warmed up and stretched, and their pianist Paul Stobart has arrived and situated himself at the piano, they were ready to rehearse.

"So we're ready to rock, Ms Bussell," Kevin laugh a bit turning to Darcey.

"Yes, Kevin," Darcey laughed as well.

"So, uh, you've been doing some things with the madam over here," Kevin said.

"Yes, and our princes," Darcey replied. "So we have an English prince with the Rose Adage, we have Indian prince, French and Russian."

Darcey gestured to each prince's and their roles to Kevin so he knows which is which.

Usually, during Eleanor's solo rehearsals, Kevin would join but oftentimes, its usually just Eleanor with whoever is doing the part with her as well as either Darcy or Samantha, the senior Ballet Mistress.

"Yes, and the English is doing the most of the partnering," Kevin said.

"Yes yeah, the main part yeah," Darcy agreed.

"And this is the first time we have the roses so," Kevin said.

"Nice prop," Darcey completed the sentence with Kevin agreeing.

"Yeah, and I was wondering where do I change my hands, when do I turn and yeah," Eleanor piped in.

"Right, so it's all the coordination is very important," Darcey said. "So shall we just start from the beginning with the music because I know that you know it, I know we've had one rehearsal so this is, thank you, Paul."