The Netherlands State Visit

"Their Majesties will arrive in London on the 23rd of October for a two-day state visit. Their Majesties will be accompanied by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Stef Blok." The Queen Private secretary, Edward Young briefed The Duke and Duchess of Windsor inside one of Buckingham Palace meeting rooms.

The couple were joined by their own private secretaries, Jason White and Kora Lane. The two private secretaries were taking notes to make sure they have everything understood and taken point.

"The Duke and Duchess of Windsor will join Their Majesties for lunch at Buckingham Palace. After lunch, The Duke and Duchess of Windsor will join Their Majesties to view a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery. Your Royal Highnesses will then join Their Majesties for a tour of Westminster Abbey later that day," Edward continued.

"To end the day, The Duke and Duchess of Windsor will join The Queen and other members of the Royal Family for the State Banquet. It is very important for this state visit to go very well." Edward stressed.

"Yes, we understand how important this is Edward. Besides, I've met them several times before. All has been good so far." Eleanor smiled at James before looking back at Edward.

"During the second day of their majesties' state visit, they will be accompanied by The Earl and Countess of Wessex, so really, it's only the first day," Edward said to Eleanor and James.

"Well, Edward, if everything is in order, I'll take my leave with my wife, anything you need to inform us can be through Jason or Kora," James told Edward before standing up.

Eleanor stood up as well before leaving together with James.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Eleanor is wearing: 

@thewindsors: The Duke and Duchess of Windsor accompanied Their Majesties King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and Queen Elizabeth for lunch at Buckingham Palace today #NetherlandsStateVisit

@thewindsors: The Duke and Duchess of Windsor will be joining Their Majesties King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and Queen Elizabeth to view a special exhibition in the Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace #NetherlandsStateVisit