Lest We Forget

November 9, 2019

What Eleanor is wearing:

Eleanor got herself ready for the festivities that night

Eleanor got herself ready for the festivities that night. It was a few weeks after she has gotten back from Japan and in that time, she has been on another state visit, this time with her husband, to Spain.

The trip was a success and when they got back, they were called to Buckingham and was appraised on how well they have handled the trip. All in all, that was a great success.

Both Eleanor and Kate have decided to wear headbands for tonight's festival and while Kate decides to wear a dark blue dress, Eleanor decides to wear a patterned black dress which has small poppies all over them. It was always an unknown saying during these two days that modesty is key.

For the 10 years Eleanor has been in the family, she has never seen anyone disobey that unwritten rule. Until now, that is.

Eleanor and James were one of the last few that arrived at Royal Albert Hall, slightly after Will and Kate but before Charles and Camilla.

They were greeted by the entrance with flashing lights before being ushered in. They were then ushered straight to their seats while waiting for The Queen, Charles and Camilla. Again this year, James and Eleanor were seated to the right of The Queen, while Charles and Camilla were seated on her left and next to Camilla was Andrew.

Will and Kate sat behind James and Eleanor with Anne and Timothy sat behind The Queen and next to them sat Sophie and Edward. Harry and Meghan sat behind Sophie and Edward while Prince Edward, The Duke of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent sat behind Will and Kate.

Not long after, The Queen, Charles and Camilla entered and went to their seats making everyone inside The Royal Albert Hall stand up in respect. When they reached their seats, the fanfare sounded before the Queen started sitting down making everyone else follow suit.

The whole night was an amazing show of music and tribute to the fallen heroes. Not going to lie, Eleanor herself shed a few tears during some of the songs.

Every year, Eleanor always felt emotional during Remembrance weekend since it's always touching to pay tribute to those who defended their country but paid with their lives. It's one of the traditions that Eleanor respected greatly and hopefully one day, her children can learn to respect those who came before you for you to live as peacefully as you are now.