Long Live The Queen

February 6, 2020

TheRoyalFamily: #Onthisday in 1952, The Queen acceded to the throne on the death of her father King George VI. Her Majesty was in Kenya with The Duke of Edinburgh on an official Royal tour when she learnt that she had become Sovereign. Her Accession was proclaimed on the same day and was repeated in a public ceremony at St James's Palace two days later once Her Majesty had returned from Kenya. In this video footage from the BBC, The Queen is seen on her first official engagement as the Monarch: the Royal Maundy Service at Westminster Abbey.

TheRoyalFamily: Today, it is with deep sadness that The Queen abdicates her throne of 68 years. Though Her Majesty would very much like to be sovereign for much longer, she would like to see for herself that the Prince of Wales take on the throne and live out her days peacefully alongside The Duke of Edinburgh.

TheRoyalFamily: The Prince of Wales' Accession will be proclaimed at St. James' Palace with The Queen, The Duke and Duchess of Windsor, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex in attendance.

TheRoyalFamily: The Queen will now be styled as Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth.

ClarenceHouse: #Onthisday in 1952, The Queen acceded to the throne on the death of her father King George VI. Her Majesty was in Kenya with The Duke of Edinburgh on an official Royal tour when she learnt that she had become Sovereign. Her Accession was proclaimed on the same day and was repeated in a public ceremony at St James's Palace two days later once Her Majesty had returned from Kenya. In this video footage from the BBC, The Queen is seen on her first official engagement as the Monarch: the Royal Maundy Service at Westminster Abbey.

ClarenceHouse: Today, it is with deep sadness that The Queen abdicates her throne of 68 years. Though Her Majesty would very much like to be sovereign for much longer, she would like to see for herself that the Prince of Wales take on the throne and live out her days peacefully alongside The Duke of Edinburgh.

ClarenceHouse: The Prince of Wales' Accession will be proclaimed at St. James' Palace with The Queen, The Duke and Duchess of Windsor, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex in attendance.

ClarenceHouse: The Prince of Wales will now be styled as His Majesty The King while the Duchess of Cornwall will now be styled as Her Majesty The Queen. God Save The King

comments:

user1: Long Live HM #QueenElizabeth! Congratulations #onthisday for your fabulous life and great reign. Thank you for what you've been done to the UK and all Commonwealth realms, and its people. A life of discipline and devotion. You are so blessed and such an inspiration to all of us. #respect and #admiration madam! 🌹❤️🙏👑

user2: Finally Charles' time to shine! Long Live The King

user3: I'm glad they transitioned very well. We got the announcement last year so we're not so shocked by the news. It's a happy occasion with The Queen Mother being able to see it herself. She'll get to witness her son ascend the throne and we won't be too saddened by grief to celebrate! Long Live The King

user4: Praise the lords that MM is no longer with us

user5: user4 she would've made everything about her instead of the now King Charles

user6: user4 THANK GOODNESS SHE'S NOW IN JAIL! she's such a psycho!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Upon the intimation that our Most Gracious Sovereign Queen Elizabeth the Second had abdicated the throne early this morning the Lords of the Privy Council assembled this day at St. James's Palace, and gave orders for proclaiming His present Majesty."