Still Confused

Headphones POV

After what had happened at the mall I have no idea where I stand with N-Pacer. I mean we both blushed during the crush thing at the mall but that could mean all sorts of things so who knows is he actually likes me. All these thoughts are making my head spin as me and my teammates head down to some stage I completely forgot about. 

" Um Headphones, earth to Headphones!!" Bobble Hat says pulling her teammate out of her thoughts. 

" O-Oh sorry just something on my mind." I say.

" DO you wanna talk about it?" She asks me. I wanna say yes but when it comes to Bobble Hat and her advice.... It can mean all sorts of things. So I just shake my head slightly and gesture towards Specs and Goggles who are already chatting with some random team we're going up against. 

" I'll be fine, this Turf War should get me off.... Wait, isn't that the glowing octopus we saw?" I ask Bobble Hat. I recognize those purple shiny tentacles anywhere. 

" Oh my Great Zapfish!! You guys!! Its so great to see you all again!" The octopus smiles brightly at us. Almost as bright as her hair and I smile back. 

" Hey, we never got your name?" 

" Oh its Destiny!" Destiny... Why have I heard that before.  She introduces us to the rest of her teammates and so be honest, they all seem really cool. 

" That Jasmine. They/them pronouns is a cuttlefish and is actually really good at dancing. Then you have Chase and Rosebud. They are step siblings and while Chase likes art and calm spaces Rosebud loves making music and crowded places with good energy." She points out. 

" Cool!" Goggles cheers. He's always been so excited to meet new people and I decided to deal with N-Pacer problem later and just focus  on having fun with my team and new friends. Plus we're playing at one of my favorite courts, The Reef. We go to our spawns ( I swear these new ones are so hard to balance on) There have been so many times Goggles has fallen off these spawns but I like that the game is changing. I wait for the count down to start and soon me and team race down and start inking the stage. 

" Split up guys!" Specs orders. We nod and divide quickly. 

" Oh no you don't!" I hear one of Destiny's teammates yell. I see Jasmine and notice their strange weapon. Its shaped like a bow and I can't help but ask out loud. 

" Hey, is that a new weapon?!" I say while firing at them. They dodge and aim their bow weapon at me. 

" Yeah! This is the Tri-Stringer!" She fires at me three times and I barely manage to dodge them until they fire at me again and this time striking me down. 

" I also don't have to worry about it being accurate!" She calls out. She goes back to covering the stage at an alarming rate and I know we're being pushed back.Goggles is just dodging all of Chase attacks. Once I respawn I jump back down and start defending my teammates. 

" Specs we need to inkjet!" I call out. He nods and uses it instantly. But he struggles to get in the air and thats when I notice Bobble Hat and Goggles dangling from the bottom. 

" Yeah, Flying Specs!!" Goggles giggles. 

" GUYS!!!" I shout. I see Destiny giggling with her teammates as they dodge the attacks. Luckily, Bobble Hat uses her slosher and takes Jasmine down. 

" Booyah Bobble!" I cheer for her and start to regain territory. 

This Turf War is extremely fun but... I still cant get my mind off of N-Pacer. I like to know where I stand with her and if we're still friends or more...

Ugh... All these feelings are hard to deal with....

662 Words