Chapter twenty nine

( Starr's POV )

I took a deep breath, restraining my thumb from scrolling any further down the messages, the notifications, the comments. I knew I was never going to be good enough for him, it was just a waiting game for him to realise.

"Honey? Are you coming downstairs? James and Paris have just been to get some drinks, we may aswell make the most of our last night," Ryan walked into the room, appearing behind me as he warmly wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin resting against my shoulder as I quickly locked my phone, hiding it against my stomach. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.
"Yeah, let me get changed and I'll be down now," My voice was wearier than I had anticipated, a slight shake in it as I tried to remain strong.
"What's wrong, darling? What's happened?" He quickly asked in his usual caring nature, but this time with an air of concern more than usual, presumably from the happenings of the last few days.
"Nothing, just let me get ready and I'll come down," I told him, feeling him unlatch from my waist and pull me round to face him, my eye line meeting his as he looked slightly down to me with screwed up eyebrows.
"Starr I can tell you're lying, talk to me. What's bothering you?" He softly continued, running his soft finger tips up my forearm, tracing circles down to my wrist. I took a deep breath, looking down to the floor, but almost immediately found my chin met by his finger, raising my gaze back up to his.
"I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I've truly been feeling like I'm not good enough for you lately, and every single person on Instagram is confirming that for me. I just feel like I'm in the way of you meeting someone...perfect," I sniffed, my eyes watering slightly as his aqua ones burned into me.
"What?! Are you serious?! You not good enough?! As far as Im concerned, you are too good for me! You're incredible, Starr, inside and out. There's not a more perfect person I could meet, and I mean that. Please try and ignore them, I think you're perfect no matter what," He shook his head, almost with a giggle at points as he leant in, placing his lips against my forehead. I couldn't resist wrapping my arms around his neck, burying my head into his neck as his hands rubbed down my waist in tight squeezes.
"Thank you, Ry," I whispered, pulling out of the hug slightly to catch his sight, our faces just inches apart. He smirked, licking his lips.
"Don't thank me, just kiss me," he whispered, his warm lips perfectly synchronised with mine.

( Paris' POV )

The living room was scattered with alcohol bottles, bowls of snacks, music playing in the background as we all sat in a circle. Starr sat on Ryan's lap next to Zach; they seemed unable to function without eachothers touch that night, but I'd truly never seen my best friend so happy and that made me happy. I sat cross legged on the floor next to James, his hand resting against my thigh, Tommy sat on the sofa next to us, Zach, Ryan and Starr on the opposite sofa and Pedro directly across the room also on the floor. The vibe was surreal - so much happiness radiating from the entire group, whether down to the holiday we had endured, the company of eachother, or the alcohol. But regardless, everything was perfect.

"Alright, spin that bottle Jimbo," Tommy laughed, gesturing to the empty vodka bottle in the middle of the table. James gently knelt up, his soft hands tracing down my thigh as he moved before spinning the bottle. It landed directly on Zach.
"Alright Mr Loizou, truth or dare?" James laughed, sitting back down.
"Hmm, truth," Zach smiled sheepishly, the boys all anticipating what was about to be said.
"Okay, have you ever...regretted kissing someone?" James raised his eyebrows, the whole room looking back over to Zach.
"Mate I regret my whole last relationship, and everything about it," He laughed, taking a sip of his plastic cup filled with spirits.
"I feel you there, Zachy," Starr giggled, making everyone else laugh, although I noticed Ryan's grip on her waist tighten slightly as he kissed her shoulder.
"Okay, Zach spin the bottle!" James told him in excitement. He leant in and spun the glass bottle, watching it land directly on Pedro.
"Oh this is going to be good," Ryan laughed, earning a playful middle finger from his best friend.
"Truth or dare, buddy?" Zach laughed.
"You lot have all been boring, so I'm going with dare," He confidently spoke in his usual charming yet laddish persona. Everyone stayed quiet for a moment, before Ryan spoke.
"I dare you...to do anything that you've wanted to do for a while. Could be a risky message, could be literally anything," He told him.
"Oh that's brilliant," James laughed, everyone looking to Pedro intensely. I noticed him smirk slightly with a slight giggle as his eyes fell to the floor. But before long, he stood up, pulling his black jeans up as he did. I continued to watch him, an unusual sensation in my chest as his eyes locked onto mine. What was he doing?

In what felt like a questionable slow motion, he moved around the room, until he crouched directly infront of myself and James. Everyone's eyes remained on us, whispering in the background as everyone sat as confused and I.
"Oh no," Zach whispered.
"I'm sorry, Jim," Pedro spoke.

James looked to him with lowered eyebrows, then back to me, then back to Pedro. I couldn't stop my heart from racing as he lifted his hand to the back of my head, leaning over from where he knelt and passionately crashing his lips into mine. I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't. I felt James' hand leave my thigh, and the sensation was replaced my Pedro's on my collarbone.

"Holy shit," Ryan mumbled in the background, clearly shocked. James remained silent, and Pedro's lips remained on mine. But after what felt like minutes, he peeled himself off me, the tip of his nose resting on mine.
"Now that is something I've wanted to do for a while."