Chapter twenty seven

( Ryan's POV )

As soon as we pulled up on the drive, I made sure to make my way to the front door as quick as possible, reaching for the key out of my jeans pocket and unlocking it gently, so to not startle Starr and Zach.
"Alright, mate?" Zach almost whispered from the living room. I kicked my shoes off quickly, heading through the lounge doorway

. My immediate reaction was to be relieved. Starr was fast asleep, cozily in my tracksuit, the hood over her hair and eyes, her head resting against Zachs chest and her leg over his. But soon after the relief, I embellished a feeling of guilt, of jealousy. That should be me comforting her, and yet I wasn't here. Was she more comfortable with Zach than she was with me? What If Zach secretly had feelings for her too; anyone would chose him over me in an instant, especially someone so perfect.

"Ry? I said are you alright, bro?" Zach spoke again, tilting his head slightly, presumably acknowledging the distance of my thoughts since I had entered the room with a sigh.
"Yeah, yeah I'm alright. Just been quite a night, I'm sorry I wasn't here for her," I ruffled my hair, sitting myself down on the end of the sofa, resting my hand on her ankle. However, as I did, she almost flinched, sending a bitter twinge through my stomach. She'd been through so much, and I hadn't been able to help.
"Starr, it's Ry," Zach whispered to her, pulling the hood slightly off her so she could hear him. I heard her take a deep breath, shuffling slightly as she tried to sit up through her tired state.
"Hey baby," I smiled to her in a gentle manner, the love I felt for her unable to remain hidden.
"Ryan," She mumbled with a smile, opening her arms to gesture for a hug. Zach carefully jumped up off the sofa, heading out into the hallway to see the others.
"Are you ok, my darling?" I embraced her in my arms, letting her rest her head against my shoulder as I placed a kiss on the top of her hair, rubbing her back tightly with both of my hands. If I couldn't have protected her before, I would use everything in my power to do it now.
"I'm tired, but I'm okay. Are you ok?" She sniffed, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and snuggling in tighter.
"I'm worried about you, and I'm sorry I wasn't here, but I'm okay too," I told her with a nod, feeling her pull back slightly, her eyes locked on mine and her arms still around my neck.
"I love you," She whispered, her gaze admiringly warming my heart as I couldn't help but smile.
"I love you so much more," I told her, leaning in and placing a passionate kiss against her lips, my hand moving down from her jaw, to her neck, to her collarbone as hers tangled through my hair, sending a fire through me.
"Come on, angel, let's get up to bed," I whispered, my lips just millimeters from the warmth of her own, licking my lips as I glanced from her eyes, back down to her own, and back up. She nodded, slipping her hand into mine and following me out of the room and up the stairs.

Halo house 🤙🏽

Portugese peds
Good morning everyone
How are we all doing this fine day?
The sun is shining, wake up everyone
Beach day?

Tommy tiger
You good mate?

Starry eyes
Ped have you overdosed on your pain killers

Star Wars boy
My thoughts exactly

Portugese peds
No no
I am good
I just thought we all needed a bit of positivity

Ryan Burnt
That's very wholesome mate

Portugese peds
Plus it's a beautiful day what is there to be sad about

Starry eyes
Ily Pedro

Portugese peds
Ly too starry
Ryan don't kill me she said it first

Ryan Burnt
Wasn't planning on it dont worry
I know she loves me more so

Starry eyes
Not with that ego urgh

Ryan burnt
That's not what you said last night

Tommy tiger
OH
OH WOW
GET IT I GUESS

Frenchy
Starr, my room, now.

Starry eyes
You come here I'm tired

Star Wars boy
Good job Ry lad

Frenchy
Im tired too

Star Wars boy
GOOD JOB JIM TOO

Stinky Jim
I feel like I've come into this conversation at the wrong time
Nevermind I scrolled up
So I'm going again

Frenchy
Me too
See you all at breakfast

Ryan burnt
Is James not making us breakfast today :((

Stinky Jim
Fine
Ill be down in ten