Chapter 32: REMATCH

Start from the beginning

The redhead teen did not expect to be losing this badly to an Ice Type specialist of all people. And in a panic, he gave his instructions to his blazing horse.

"Rapidash, gallop around Lapras with [Flame Charge]!"

"[Water Pulse]," Lorelei responded without a hint of hesitation.

However, Rapidash was too fast for the Transport Pokémon to hit. In addition, [Flame Charge]'s secondary effect made the horse gallop even faster, raising its Speed stat.

Flint then found an opening as Lapras missed Rapidash, who stopped behind the Transport Pokémon.

"Alright! [Flame Wheel]!" Flint commanded, seeing his opportunity.

He knew Lapras, despite being an Elite Four level Pokémon, could not turn backwards on land as quickly compared to in water. So, when Rapidash got behind it, Flint went on the offensive.

Rapidash closed in behind Lapras and was about to hit it with [Flame Wheel]…

But…

Splash!

'Water?' Flint thought curiously as his Pokémon's hoof stepped closer to Lapras.

Then, his face paled as he looked closer.

Around Lapras' vicinity was a pool of water, made by the remnants of its failed [Water Pulses] that failed to hit Rapidash. And it was all Lorelei's plan.

"Welcome to my world of snow and ice," she said with an intimidating smile.

"[Sheer Cold]."

And a pillar of frost manifested from the puddles of water upon the poor blazing horse.

"R- Rapidash…" Flint muttered in defeat as he gazed upon his Pokémon's icy statue.

Everyone in attendance were shocked at the sight of the frozen Rapidash. A viciousness from Lorelei's OHKO, and yet a certain beauty conveyed to the audience.

{ RAPIDASH IS UNABLE TO BATTLE! }

{ THE FIRST VICTORY OF THE INDIGO GRAND LEAGUE GOES TO LORELEI! }

The competitors of the Grand League were in a special glass room overseeing the match, including the Elite Four.

Everyone was amazed at Lorelei's stunning display of overwhelming power. A trait every Elite Four shared. Ash stared in silence at the red-haired woman with his eyes widened.

'So, this is the strength of the person Misty looks up to…' he thought in bewilderment.

After the handshake between the competitors, Lorelei then looked towards the competitors. Or more specifically, at Misty.

With a sharp gaze and a dangerous smile, it conveyed all she wanted to the redhead Gym Leader.

'I'll be waiting…'

Immense pressure built within Misty as she and the other competitors looked at the brackets.

Flint now eliminated and Lorelei advancing to the quarterfinals. The second match now read:

{ RED OF PALLET TOWN VS MISTY OF CERULEAN CITY }

'If I beat Ash in the next match, I'll finally get my shot against Lorelei again!' the redhead thought with determination.

'Once my role model, now my rival.'

Then she made her to the exit to prepare for her upcoming match.