Chapter 29: PRELIMINARIES (5)

Chapter 29: Preliminaries (5)

The Preliminaries (Day 2)

Ash had called out his Pokémon in the nearby woods where he was staying. Apparently, the PokéCentre was full due to booked rooms from some of the earlier participants of the Grand League as well as visitors/spectators waiting for the main event to start.

Gary and Blue were quick enough to already do so since they had arrived at Indigo Plateau a week prior. Ash, however, arrived on the day the Preliminaries started, meaning he would have to camp outdoors until he earned the right to participate in the main event.

The 16 Trainers of the main event would have access to a whole room for themselves and would stay for the entire duration of the Grand League. Regardless, if they had lost or not.

"Alrighty, let's get hyped guys!" Ash announced to his rambunctious Pokémon.

"First, well done to Pikachu and Lapras. Thanks to you guys, we're through to Round 2," he began.

"It's been a year since I've set out from Pallet Town. Looking back on everything we've been through; we've always given everything 100% in whatever we did."

"So, let's keep that up and give everything we've got in our battles!"

The raven-haired boy then clutched his locket and put out that fist towards his Pokémon.

"For our dreams! Let's do this!"

And the Pokémon cheered by fist bumping their Trainer, now more motivated than ever.

"We're gonna make them remember us!" Ash continued to declare; his tension was through the roof.

"We're gunning for the top. Higher than the Elite Four! Higher than the Champion!"

"The Pokémon Master!"

With that, morale of Ash's team soared even higher.

Beep! Beep!

Ash's Pass pinged. His next match had been decided.

"Let's go, guys!"

The battles raged on.

Trainers from all around the world fought to be the chosen 12.

Kanto. Johto. Hoenn. Sinnoh. Unova. Kalos. Alola. Galar. And many others.

That was how renowned the Indigo Grand League was.

Pokémon never before seen. Common or rare, it did not matter.

What they all had in common was their strength. Not a single one was weak.

The strong gathered and fight their way to the top.

Dreams and goals. Everyone had their motivations. But…

One loss was all it took.

There was no room for error.

Preliminaries Final Day

"Hurry up, Ash!" Misty cried out, pulling Ash to their destination by hand.

"Slow down, Misty. I've to check up on Blue," the raven-haired boy said, bewildered by the Gym Leader's attitude.

"She's already passed the Prelims. It's this next one we have to go to," Misty answered back.

"It's…"

B-01 MATCH 24: GREEN VS VOLKNER

"Your friend, Green!"