73. The Jewel Thief

Cleo reminded us of the upcoming final test and the need to study for it. Rikki and Bella were relaxed and not entirely worried about the test. I was set to prepare for it, ready to finish school for good.

Will, with a heart full of thoughtfulness, proudly presented us with a necklace he had crafted, using the crystal we had unearthed from the cavern rock. It was a replica of Bella's design, a fact that she took in stride. Rikki, however, was taken aback when Will bestowed the necklace upon her, explaining that he felt he owed her a great deal. The surprise on her face was quickly replaced by a smile as she gingerly put on the necklace, a clear sign of her appreciation.

"Will's amazing," Bella remarked happily as we walked on the beach, "He always goes out of his way for other people. It's one of the things I like about him."

"Hm, that and his biceps," Rikki smiled.

"Hey, it all helps."

"It's always about the inner person," I nodded.

"Hey," Zane approached us, mainly Rikki, "I've been looking for you."

Even though their relationship ended, I could tell he somewhat cared about her.

"Yeah, and?" Rikki wondered as we all resumed walking.

"Well, I just wanted to talk," Zane replied.

"Zane, just leave it alone, all right. It's over."

It seemed Rikki didn't want to engage the conversation any further. 

"New necklace," Zane took note of the crystal.

"Yeah, I got it from a friend," Rikki explained not wanting to give him the details.

"What kind of friend?"

"Just leave it alone. It's none of your business," Bella told him.

"Don't press her for answers," I warned Zane.

As Cleo, Bella, and I went a bit further from him, Zane figured out it was Will who gave Rikki the necklace. Rikki reminded him that she moved on and that he should do the same before meeting back with the rest of us.

🌊

Later, all of us met at my grandparent's place. There was a big soccer game being aired on TV and both Dad and Grandpa were eager to watch it. Fiona got dragged into watching the match reluctantly since she wasn't into competitive sports. The other girls, along with Will and Patrick showed up for study group. We retreated into my old room so we wouldn't get distracted by the soccer match.

"Have you gone through that chemistry stuff yet?" Bella asked after some time of silent concentration.

"Yeah, I have," Cleo nodded, "Do you want my summaries?"

"Yeah. Rikki, Zoey, do either of you want to look at it?"

"Sure thing," I nodded.

"Mm, all this study's doing my head in. I need a break," Rikki stated as she closed up her books and turned on the music player. One of Bella's songs started playing.

"Oh, can we listen to something else, please?" Bella cringed not wanting to hear her song even though she was a talented singer.

"But you guys are good."

"I'm gonna see if I can whip up some snacks," I got on my feet just as Bella tried to snatch the remote from Rikki.

"I wonder what your grams made for the match off?" Patrick turned to me.