Chapter 16

Happy day, you all! Don't forget to respect ya elders, or else get this belt. Sit back, relax, grab some snacks! Go ahead and get you some leftover gumbo from that one family reunion that was lit af, some Starburst for ya desert, and wash that all down with some apple juice. Btw, what's better? Apple juice or orange juice? (imo, apple juice solos, cant change my mind)

WARNING!!: This chapter includes song names and lyrics, so it would be less awkward if you listened to the song at the same time!

~on with the story~

(this chapter might be a lil bit short compared to other ones, just a warning)

"So, what's this about?" (Y/N) asked. She called Sokka and was happy that he answered, but his tone wiped the smile off of her face. "Where have you been?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "Uh, on campus? Why?"

"Gran Gran and the whole Tribe came all this way just for you to ghost us all. What's with you?" Sokka replied. "Excuse me? You're the one who told me to focus on my schoolwork and career, and now It's a problem because I haven't had any free time?"

"I know what I told you, but I certainly don't remember telling you not to even CALL." (Y/N) gasped. "Oh yeah, why don't I just tell my future to hold on a second while I call you for 5 minutes!"

"Sounds good! Why don't you say hi to your family for the first time in days while you're at it!"

"Okay, now you're being childish!" Sokka scoffed. "Well you're being uncanny!" (Y/N) smirked. "Wooow, nice word salad, cousin."

"Thanks a lot. Glad to know you're not serious about this at all." (Y/N) sighed. "Look, I hear you. And I'm sorry, okay? But I'm finally getting used to being here! It will never be anything like the Water Tribe, but I'm happy. Isn't that....enough?"

 There was long silence before Sokka spoke again. "Of course it is. But maybe not for me." He hung up, leaving (Y/N) shook. "Well that went well." His words were harsh, but (Y/N) knew that this was just another one of their family fights. They'd make up soon enough, right? She sighed and stood up, scrolling through her phone. "Might as well find something to do while it's the weekend."  Which music should I play...?

Angeleyes: by ABBA

She shuffled her playlist before sitting down next to Bosco, who was busy chewing at a sock. (Y/N) closed her eyes and laid back, wondering how her parents were doing at the moment.

Last night I was taking a walk along the river and I saw him together with a young girl, and the look that he gave her made me shiver -

"Cause he always used to look. At. Me that wayyy..." (Y/N) sang quietly. "I THOUGHT I SHOULD GO RIGHT UP. TO. HER AND SAYYY-" Someone outside the door sang. Is that...Mina?

(Y/N) sat up and opened the door, jumping when Mina ran in. "Uhh hi-?"

She grabbed (Y/N)'s hands and danced her around. "IT'S A GAME HE LIKES TO PLAYYY~"