Chapter 8

(A/N): Hope you've been entertained so far! And if you ain't...okay?

So sit back, relax, grab some snacks. Get you some mozzarella sticks, some jolly ranchers and a couple of airheads. Enjoy 😌

Flashback:

"Do you ever feel like the world could be a better place?" 8 year old (Y/N) asked. Her 6 year old friend Aang sat next to her on the floor with his eyes closed, meditating. She was always training with him at the Air Temple, and it seemed that her parents liked it there more than her.

"Ha! What do you mean? The world is amazing!" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "But what about the war? What about all of the bad people in the world, and hunger?" Aang opened one eye, smiling at her. "The world didn't do any of that, people did! The way I see it, every day the sky is blue, the birds are chirping and the grass is green almost all year 'round! The only thing that really changes for the worst is...well, us." 

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. "Wow. That's smart, I never thought of it that way! When did you get so...poetic?" Aang shrugged. "I don't know, I just copy everything Gyatso does. That seems to work out for me pretty well. You try it! Who do you want to be like when you grow up?"

(Y/N) thought for a moment. "I have no idea. just anybody but Zuko-" Aang burst out giggling, falling over and holding his stomach. (Y/N) fell back with him and laughed. "Well it's true! He always sounds like a pirate! Honorrrrr!"

Aang and (Y/N) giggled more before they were both called inside for dinner. (Y/N) gagged. "Ewww, more vegetables." Aang rolled his eyes and stood up, holding out his hand for her to grab. "Oh come on, it'll be more funner to eat if you pretend it's candy!" (Y/N) smiled and grabbed onto his hand, standing up. "Well when you put it like that, I might just be a little hungry-"

Aang giggled and ran inside, (Y/N) following close behind him. Before they entered the dining room, he put a hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes.

"Training with you has been the greatest time of my life, and I'm glad to be your friend. But can I ask you a question?"
(Y/N) smiled and nodded. "Anything!"  

Aang looked at the floor and shuffled his feet. "Do you believe that friendships can last more than a lifetime?"

PRESENT DAY

(Y/N) perked up after hearing the school bell, snapping her out of her thoughts. Aang...I wonder how he is...

Her head was pounding and it hurt badly, but she shrugged it off.

After the first half of class was over, the students all changed into their hero costumes for the first time so they could get ready to spar. Everyone heard about the two heroes who were attacked by Stain just the other night, but (Y/N) hadn't told anyone that it was her parents. (Y/N) put her costume on and started to walk out of the locker room when the girls surrounded her. Mina gasped when she saw (Y/N)'s outfit. "(N/N), you look so cool!" (Y/N) chuckled. "Thank you, Ashido." 

"I think Iida will like it very much!" She said, wiggling her eyebrows. (Y/N) blushed and looked away, shrugging. "M-maybe, I wouldn't know..." The girls giggled as (Y/N) groaned and walked out of the locker room, ready to start their training for the day. She walked into the arena, noticing how quiet it was all of a sudden. She stopped and looked up to see everyone staring at her. (Y/N) took a step back and raised an eyebrow. "Okay, this is getting weird-"

Momo spoke first. "We like your costume, that's all!" Everyone murmured agreements and nodded their heads. Tenya blushed and looked away, nodding with the rest of them.
(Y/N) noticed and blushed as well, bowing. "T-thank you everybody, I appreciate it very much!"