Chapter 1

2nd person pov:

2nd person pov:

You woke up, stretching and yawning. Leaning down, you shake your pet, Bosco, awake. He opens his eyes slowly and starts wagging his tail immediately when he sees you. It was only after you eyes scanned the room full of luggage that you remembered your family was moving today. You sighed and stood up, reaching for your clothes that were laid out at the edge of the bed. You looked up at the clock on your bedroom wall and saw that it was 6:35 a.m. Weren't we all s'posed to be up by now...?

Sighing, you make your way to the bathroom to start getting ready. You washed up, brushed your teeth and put on the outfit that your mother picked out for you.

 You washed up, brushed your teeth and put on the outfit that your mother picked out for you

You made sure to use coconut oil (and/or Vaseline) on your face, lips and hair to keep everything shiny

You made sure to use coconut oil (and/or Vaseline) on your face, lips and hair to keep everything shiny. Swiping the oil on your lips at the last minute, you heard your mother call you down for breakfast. You straightened up your bed sheets and hurriedly shuffled down the stairs, Bosco following close behind you. You gasped when you saw your cousins standing in the kitchen with your mom. They turned their heads and smiled. "Good morning, sleepy head." Katara said. Sokka saluted and pretended to sob. "I-I'm gonna miss you so much, Y/N. What am I gonna do with this loser, huh? Why are you leaving me with her-?" Katara hit him in the arm, cutting him off. Your mom laughed as she stirred the grits that were boiling in the familiar pot that sat on the stove. Her laugh was always infectious, so it was no surprise that your laughter soon followed hers. You pulled your cousins into a hug and sighed. "Thanks for coming guys, I didn't know you were coming to say goodbye!" Katara nodded, reaching down to pet Bosco. Once you heard the clang of spoons and bowls, you knew that your mother had finished the grits. You motioned toward the table for them to sit. "C'mon, have some! It must be freezing cold outside!"

Sokka lunged at the bowls of grits in front of them, but Katara held him back. "Thanks, but we literally just ate, sooo..." She said. Sokka grumbled and sat down. M/N gasped and dramatically put a hand on her chest. "Oh heggs nah, you gon' eat in this house! Sokka, help yourself to whatever you'd like." You burst out laughing as Katara looked at Sokka absolutely devouring the bowl of grits in front of him (like the fatty he is).
"Y/N, go wake up your dad." You sighed and walked to your parents'room. You never liked waking up your dad, because he only got up after you shook him for 5 whole minutes and he always forgot where the FREAJ he was and what year it was. Placing a hand on his shoulder, you begin to shake him and call his name over the loud snoring. "Dad....dad?"

He doesn't wake up. You groan, realizing this would take a while.

LATER-

After finishing breakfast and everyone putting on their parkas, you hear a knock at the door and immediately knew who it was. You open the door and see your friend Toka and you wave. "Hey Toto, what's up?"

He smiles nervously, letting out puffs of air as he breathed. "Uhm, I just wanted to tell you that my mom says I can go with you after all!" Your eyes widen as you silently cheer, pumping your fist and dancing. He laughed and stepped inside, stomping the snow off of his boots as he entered. Toka looked down and smiled at him and Katara. "Hi!"  

Your parents were waiting outside for you as you said your final goodbyes and hugs with your family. Sokka wrapped his arms around you tightly, picking you up off the ground. You gasped for air. "Urgh, let me go please-" He put you down and smiled. Even though he was silly and sometimes even stupid, he was your favorite cousin, and you were his. Toka waved and followed you and your parents to the chariot that people called a "car" and hopped inside. It was weird to be traveling on something else but a boat, but your parents assured you that you would get used to it. You patted your leg, signaling Bosco to get in the car. "Come on, Bosco!" He jumps in your lap, his paws cold and damp from the snow.

When the car started moving, you glanced at Toka and felt his heart beat going fast. You could tell that he was just as scared as you, so you had an idea. You reached up your hand, waiting for him to perform your guys' handshake that you made up years ago. Toka looked down at you, smiling softly. He gripped your hand tightly and nodded, feeling braver than before. You looked him in the eyes with comradery. "Alone we can do so little...?" You said. Toka chuckled. "Together we can do so much."

You mom and dad looked back at you with admiration and pride. Onward to Japan...