Into the heat

There is only war...There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of carnage  and slaughter, and laughter of thirsting gods- Vulkan, 17th Primarch

Earth M40K- Planet Kanto, Excalibur's residence, master kitchen

In a building too exquisite to be referred to as a simple mansion, but too advanced to be considered a castle, not a sound could be heard, all besides the stirring footsteps of a young genius toddler pacing around, as her sneakers clashed with the marble ground...

Petal Blazkowicz...was hungry... 

However, The fridge and cabinets consisted of a number of rich and or sweet-looking jars of milk, multiple extravagant and luxurious wine bottles, as whatever the hell this

However, The fridge and cabinets consisted of a number of rich and or sweet-looking jars of milk, multiple extravagant and luxurious wine bottles, as whatever the hell this...amasec is supposed to be, and an excessive amount of energy drinks contained in white 550ml cans with an insignia replicating a monster's claw strike...and the tag line of zero sugar above it...

"A boomer AND a pansy," Petal muttered to herself, reaffirming her opinions of Excalibur, closing the refrigerator...

"Is someone there?"

"STRANGER DANGER!"

Petal scurried underneath the closest shelf and curled into a ball hoping she wasn't spotted. She was...by two armed but fairly pleasant maids...who both donned cat ears...

The ditzy-looking one crotched to meet Petal at eye level despite the latter refusing to look up

The ditzy-looking one crotched to meet Petal at eye level despite the latter refusing to look up. Once the former realised it was a child she was looking at, she immediately put her sub-machine away and tried to be as delicate as possible.

"No need to be afraid little one, we won't hurt you," 

Petal, still not budging, tightened up, moving slightly more out of reach. With a sigh, The ditzy-looking maid looked up to the quiet-looking maid for assistance, with a bit of hesitation, she too squatted down, taking her bird companion and letting her strut towards Petal.

Alerted by her twitting, Petal spared what was planned to be a glance, only to be memorized by the fact it looked like a cross between a baby chick and penguin. It was an abomination in the grand scheme of things...but still looked remarkably adorable.