Chapter 20

Maliks POV

I didn't stop to tell any of the Manhattan pack what was going on or my plan. I thought I'd leave that all up to Tristan, considering he's their Beta. Instead, I jumped onto the back of one of their patrol bikes and kickstarted the engine. The night air was freezing as I passed over the bridge and out into the open field past the border. Lights were racing toward me as I approached the campgrounds that belonged to the Plymouth pack. I slowed when I was met with three males all on bikes and what looked like another two in a car behind them. One of the males stopped his bike in front of mine and leaned forward over the handlebars as he eyed me.

"What's your business here?" He questioned me as his friends sat back behind him.

"I have a message for your Alpha." I told them keeping my eye on the males in the car.

They seem to be communicating over the radio with the camp. Probably referring my request back to their boss.

"What makes you think he wants to speak to a little insect like you?" The male chuckles.

His two other pack mates smirking with him.

"And you are?" I arch a brow at him.

If anyone here is the little insect it's definitely him.

"I'm the Delta of this pack." He sits up straight at last and snaps at me.

"Just a Delta huh?" Rolling my eyes, I lean forward on my handlebars this time.

It makes him twitch in annoyance. Just a little phycological warfare.

Before the Delta can get another word out the car pulls up next to me as the drive winds down his window.

"I'm Beta Aiden. I've spoken to my Alpha about your request, he wishes to speak with you. Follow us back to the camp and keep to yourself. If you do anything to make trouble or resist in any way, then we will be forced to remove you. Do you understand?"

I nod and keep my eye on the Delta and his two lackies.

The car pulls around and I follow close behind with the three bikes pulling in behind me. Here we go, I guess. Into the snake pit full of upstart noble wolves. It made me wonder why I'd put myself in this position but then again, I knew why and a part of me hated it. Since when did I ever do this? I didn't even do this for Norland for fucks sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beta Aiden lead me through the camp on foot till we reached the center where a massive tent sat flanked with the Plymouth packs banners. It was obvious by the size as well as the location that this was Alpha Wyatts tent. It made me wonder if the male was compensating for something.

When I stepped inside, I half expected to see some grungy old male similar to Alpha Peter in stature but instead found a male suited to the Alpha title. His demeanor spoke volumes among what looked to be his generals. His fine cut clothing and long sword sheathed in leather made him stand out as if I was placed before an old medieval king of sorts. Salt and pepper beard was trimmed and tame whereas his full head of hair seemed unruly from the march down to the Manhattan pack lands. Yellow glowing eyes fell on me as he looked up from his war table.

"Alpha." Beta Aiden gave a small bow. "This is the messenger from the Manhattan pack."

I spotted Celestia's betrothed sitting close to his daddy as I took in the rest of them males staring back at me.

Wyatt approached me. His eyes looking over every inch of me as he makes a small circle around me. No doubt an intimidation tactic to make others wet themselves in his presents. To bad it had little affect on me and he noticed.